Thread: Who will be the next CF?

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Who will be the next CF?

Assuming that Torii Hunter won't be resigned with the Twins. I also don't think Denard Span is fully ready for the job out of AAA Rochester... Who do you like to pick up if Torii's on his way out?

Rowand? Who else?

I don't mean he's gone for sure, because we don't know for sure. No baiting or flaming, please.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Who will be the next CF?

Rowand is about 4 million a year cheaper. He puts up above average numbers and plays well in centerfield. How about trying to get Cameron out of San Deigo?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I'd rather see Rowand than Cameron. Cameron strikes out too much for my tastes and is older.
    Frankly, I'd rather see Hunter in CF as the team moves into the new ballpark.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Where do you think the 3.8 Million dollars will go? Polad has to spend it but to whom? Rowand would be a good fit I think.

Twins are playing better lately. Silva pitched well. Suprise-Suprise.....
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

A lot of teams are going to be after Rowand because he is young and cheaper than Hunter and Jones. I hope the Twins can outbid whoever because I think he would be a good fit with that younger team rather than Cameron or Jones. Rowand plays balls out and is used to the AL Central.

MLB ERA

I think Rowand might sign with the Twins just to "flip the bird" to the White Sox for trading him. This is not to say that he will sign for below market value, but his value is less than Hunter and Jones' will be (if Jones can get it back together).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I think Rowand might sign with the Twins just to "flip the bird" to the White Sox for trading him. This is not to say that he will sign for below market value, but his value is less than Hunter and Jones' will be (if Jones can get it back together).
    Sounds like a good plan. It'd be a good plan B if Torii's out.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Hunter is making $12 million this year and wants to remain with the club and not leave via free agency. On July 13, he admitted that the five-year. $90 million extension signed by Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki raised the bar on what he'd like to sign for.
    Hunter chooses to postpone contract talks

It'd be amazing if we can have him here longer but it'll be a big problem for us in long term financially wise.

MLB ERA

Lets see what the team does down the stretch. Torii seems to be the offense right now. His value has increased quite a bit, IMO. 5 years $90M is not really out of line for his talent.