Thread: 5/24/05: Twins/Indians

AA ERA

5/24/05: Twins/Indians

Twins resume their four-game series tonight against the Indians at Jacobs Field. Last night was a great game to watch as it has been between both clubs this year. Great pitching and lot of small ball. No extracurricular garbage and let's hope it stay that way. Unfortunately, the wrong team won which was the worst part of this game.

Joe Mays will be on the hill. He pitched a gem at the Jacobs Field when he made his first start at the Jake last year. Let's hope he can do it again. He has been a great story for the Twins all year.

Jake Westbrook is on the mound for the Indians. He is 1-7, but don't let the record fool you. He has had rough breaks so far, but he is still good.

Let's hope the Twins hitters start performing. I have been very dissapointed with them overall. They need to start hitting their weight.

Mays vs. Westbrook

AA ERA
    I wish I could watch this game in its entirety, but my house is being painted all week so I am going to be missing a lot of games. I normally watch the Twins games on MLB.TV. I definitely want to rewatch this game from last night. It was a great ending.

Nice to see Justin come up huge in the 11th with the bases loaded. It's awesome to see the Twins drive in the runs in a big spot. Justin has been struggling lately, but it was good to see him come through.

I wondered why Sauerbeck decided to walk Lew and take his chance with Justin. You never give a chance for Justin to bat no matter how much he is slumping.

Joe did okay last night on the mound for the Twins.

The pen was solid as usual.

Great win!