Thread: I-35 bridge collapsed in Twin Cities

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I-35 bridge collapsed in Twin Cities

WOW

The entire side of the bridge is in the Mississippi River. There has been some deaths we wont know for sure till later.

The game tomorrow has been postponed plus the ground breaking ceremony for the new stadium. Never seen something like this. Hope for the best everyone.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: I-35 bridge collapsed in Twin Cities

Here is a story on this tragic situation:
    News - Interstate Bridge Falls Into Mississippi - AOL News
    I have driven across that bridge literally hundreds of times. It was about a mile from where I lived when I attended the U. The Twins have postponed tomorrow's game to help keep congestion down in that area. It will be a nightmare enough without baseball fans compounding the problem.
    My prayers go out to the survivors and everyone involved in the incident.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AAA ERA

Awful story, hopefully the death toll remains as low as possible.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: I-35 bridge collapsed in Twin Cities

Horrible situation. I hope the amounts of deaths are minimal as well. My thoughts and prays go out to the families, the Twin Cities, and the state of MN. I am sorry for the disaster. God Bless!

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

My condolences and prayers goes out to the victims and their families & friends. As a transplanted Minnesotan, I hope everything's will be handled well and start all over with a better, stronger bridge.

It's a horrible, horrible tragedy. I never seen that one like in history of Minnesota's disasters besides the nature disasters.

I think the Twins game is postponed is the right way. No way we can play baseball knowing there are more missing and deaths count to go up. It just don't feel right.

MLB ERA

The whole situation surrounding this bridge collapse is both odd and scary. How the bridge went down and as fast as it went down is just frightening. I can't tell you how many times I've driven on that bridge.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families who have been affected by this tragedy.