Thread: White to be called up. 2nd half of season thoughts

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins White to be called up. 2nd half of season thoughts

Twins are going to call up Rondell White. He has been out all season with a torn calf muscle. White still has played a full game this season, but Gardy and Ryan want to see what he can do. This move to me will I hope pick up the hitting. White was the main reason why we won the division last season due to his hot bat. If he still can't play I would expect a trade to be made.

Here is what I see as the Twins new Lineup. Of course I will only be 90% right.

1. Castillo 2nd
    2. Bartlett SS
    3, Mauer C
    4. Cuddyer RF (--- here is where i will be wrong and he plays 3rd base
    5. Morneau 1st base
    6. Hunter CF
    7. White DH
    8. Cirillo 3rd base
    9. Kubel RF

I would think Punto is the Utility man. or a late game defensive replacement. The top 6 in the batting order should be set. 7-9 could change in where they hit. Kubel is showing his power. I think we should expect a big second half from him.

Rotation

Here is where I see changes

1. Santana
    2. Boonser
    3. Silva
    4. Garza
    5. Baker

I think Silva is the key to the demise of the team. He is getting killed. I would expect a call up of Slowey or Blackburn to take his spot. Next season Silva will be out of the rotation and the next American League Cy Young winner returns. Liriano will be in and Silva gone.

Pen

We need to find a guy or two that can step up. Besides are four best rp's we have holes to fill. Seems to me we have to make a trade for an upgrade over Reyes and Ortiz. If we can fill these holes are pen will once again be one of the best in the game.

Eight games out of first is not where we should be. We have made mistakes to put us where were at. I think we were eleven games out last season and we won the divison so anything is possible. Santana had a good first half of the season! Like every year here is where he shines most. Johan should win us 20 games this season. With an era of under 2.5. We play the A's Thursday good test to begin with right away.

Go Twins
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: White to be called up. 2nd half of season thoughts

Cuddyer has not hit well when he plays 3B. He is much more comfortable in RF and has settled in nicely there. Punto is likely going to get most of the ABs at 3B, with White playing LF and Cirillo and Kubel sharing the DH duties.
    Here is the lineup I expect to see most days:
    1. Castillo -- 2B
    2. Bartlett -- SS
    3. Mauer -- C
    4. Cuddyer -- RF
    5. Morneau -- 1B
    6. Hunter -- CF
    7. White -- LF
    8. Kubel/Cirillo -- DH
    9. Punto -- 3B
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon