Thread: 5/22/05: Brewers/Twins

AA ERA

5/22/05: Brewers/Twins

Twins and the Brewers play the rubber game of the series this afternoon. This is a game the Twins really have to win. As good as the Brewers are, Twins need to win this series. This is a must-win with the crucial four-game series with the Indians coming up starting tommorow at Jacobs Field.

Johan will be on the hill. He hasn't been sharp lately, but Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson has been finetuning Johan's changeup in recent days so we will see how it works today.

His counterpart, Wes Obermuller is coming off an almost perfect game against the Nationals so he won't be a walk in the park.

Obermuller vs. Santana

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Twins win 6-5 in 11 innings. Was a big win because Prior shut down the white sox, so we gained a game back.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    HOLY CRAP! DID THE TWINS ACTUALLY WON? I don't believe what I just saw.

I looked at this Minnesota sports board where I post a lot and when I found out that the Twins won in 11 innings, I was so shocked. I couldn't believe it. I was stunned. I had to double check at Twinsbaseball.com and when I saw the score, I just couldn't believe my eyes. I thought this game was over in the seventh inning when the Twins did crap against Julio Santana. I thought this was it. I had to go to mass so I turned the game off. I don't think any diehard Twins fan or even Dick Bremer, the ultimate Twins optimist thought the Twins were going to win this game especially with two outs in the ninth inning. This had to shock the Twins fans when they tied it in the ninth and then somehow win it in the 11th inning. This sure sounded like another frustrating loss for the Twins. I sure was going to write a another angry rant. Thank God I was spared of doing that. This might been the best win of the year of this season and this certainly was a special win. There is nothing being suprised about winning this game when you expected a loss.

I sure had that feeling that the Twins were going to lose back when Wes Obermuller was having his way against the Twins. Twins couldn't buy a hit off him. He joins a long list of unheralded starters that the Twins have problems with. Twins were leading 1-0, but you were just waiting for things to go bad and it did in the sixth and the seventh.

Fortuantely, the Twins battled and found a way to tie the game. I did not get to see Jacques's at-bat, but I read it was a good one. Lew droves Jacque home with his double and then Shannon came through with a dramatic two-out, two-run HR. Shannon and Jacque saved the day. Talk about a new lease of life.

Lew Ford, who also came up huge, hit a triple to start the 11th and the Twins got couple of intentional walks. Spivey bobbling the ball was huge as Lew scored and that was it.

Johan looked good out there even though he was getting hit hard in the sixth and seventh. This was more like it. Good to see his work with Rick Anderson pay off.

The pen was solid. I know Juan and Joe was getting work in, but those two did a great job keeping them in the game and Jesse was huge in the extra frames.

This was really something. Not only did the Twins won, but the Whiney Sux lost. Twins got two wins with their own win and the Sux loss as the Twins are now back to 5 games out. If we are going to talk about the highlights of the Twins success for this season, this win today has to be a highlight of the season.

I can't believe that I am actually talking about this win. I was so steamed as I took a shower and went to mass. It's always nice to be suprised when you least expect it.

Rookie ERA
    What a great win for the Twins!!! And I got to enjoy it through my husband giving me play by play for the 9th inning as I waited to board my plane in Pittsburgh. Of course I didn't know what happened after Shannon tied it up until I got home but I knew once it was tied it was a Twins win!!!

I only got the high- and low-lights of the Thurs through Sat games on ESPN as I was out of town away from my DirecTV MLB Extra Innings and any computer not on dial-up (ick!). I was completely lost without my Twins baseball and had to suffer through watching the Indians and Reds (I was in Ohio for the weekend). From what I saw I didn't miss much on Saturday - not a good outing for Brad.

But great game on Sunday. Too bad Johan couldn't get another win but a win is a win for the team.

AA ERA
    I hope you have a good time at the Steel City, DG.

I was so shocked about this win when I came home from mass Sunday night. I am glad they won. Too bad the Twins could not get lucky last night.

ESPN shows zero Twins highlights. I don't even bother watching ESPN for highlights. ESPN is all about the Yankees and the Red Sox.