Thread: Morneau released from hospital

Twins Morneau released from hospital

Twins | Morneau released from hospital
    Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:51:27 -0700
    Associated Press reports Minnesota Twins 1B Justin Morneau (bruised lung) was released from the hospital Monday, June 25. It does not appear he will wind up on the disabled list, as manager Ron Gardenhire said that has "never been talked about." Gardenhire said Morneau could return to the lineup as early as Wednesday, June 27, but it all depends upon how sore he is.

MLB ERA

Re: Morneau released from hospital

The team will be very cautious with this kid, I hope. His injury was scary, but not as serious as first feared. He might do well to rest until the team goes to Detroit.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The team will be very cautious with this kid, I hope. His injury was scary, but not as serious as first feared. He might do well to rest until the team goes to Detroit.
    I agree. He is much to valuable to the Twins for him to get more hurt. He's a great player, and really needs time to rehab a bit. I almost want to say put him on the DL if it'll give him the chance to recouperate better. One DL stint now is a lot better than a dozen stints in the next few years.

Turn 2

The do need to play it carefully with Morneau. He is way too valuable for the Twins franchise.

I agree.

Turn 2

I heard that they are giving playing RF Michael Cuddyer at 1B some in his abscence to give Morneau a little more time to heel.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

If we were playing bad baseball, like the Yankee's Morneau would be back already. I would let him sit a couple more games at best. By Friday we need to get him back in the lineup. Wonder if he is talking any batting or Fielding practice?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Turn 2

I bet he is working in the cages on his swing.

MLB ERA

I hope so. It would tell what his inside is feeling like. But who knows! My teams coaching staff has made so many mistakes, that if they did something wrong to Morneau I bet they would be fired.

Look at what they did to Liriano last season. They tried him down in Florida for some rehab work and made the injury worse. Tommy John surgery is no joke. I hope he will be 100% ready soon. The kid has nasty stuff.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Morneau's a tough kid. He'll be back soon, (I hope), and he'll be tearing up those AL pitchers again. Man, if the Twins could get Liriano back and healthy, they'd be one helluva team!

Turn 2

Liriano will not be back until next year and then they will have one of the best rotations and one -two punches in the game. They do need a little hitting help though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Santana and Liriano-that's one helluva one-two punch! It could almost be the other way around in a few years...as for their hitting, if the Twins can get Morneau back, I think it'll help them. What worries me is what are they going to do next year when Hunter could possibly be gone.

MLB ERA

We have some prospects in AAA that can play if needed. I doubt we let Torii go. I would expect a trade if were out of the playoff race by the all star break.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    We have some prospects in AAA that can play if needed. I doubt we let Torii go. I would expect a trade if were out of the playoff race by the all star break.
    Just for clarification-you're saying that the Twins won't let Torii go?

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by hot_corner_gurl View Post
    Just for clarification-you're saying that the Twins won't let Torii go?
    Torii said he wanted to stay, but that's all business. He respect that. As much as I wanted him to stay but I don't think we have 100% chance that we'll resign him considering that he is having a stellar contract year - he'll be too expensive at the end of season to be re-signed by a small market team. Sucks, I know.