Thread: Twins dump Mets

Twins Twins dump Mets

Ask and you shall receive. At least that was the case for Johan Santana on Tuesday night. Just one start after expressing his frustration with a lack of run support, the Twins ace got more than enough in a 9-0 victory over the Mets at Shea Stadium.
    Of course, it wasn't a day when Santana needed much, as he cruised through the Mets lineup. The Twins have been waiting for Santana to get on his usual June roll. And it sure looked like he found that form on Tuesday.
    Santana (7-6) held the Mets scoreless for nine innings and allowed just four hits. The ace looked comfortable right from the start of his outing, retiring the first seven batters he faced. A few hits were mixed in over the next couple of innings, but Santana recorded 12 straight outs in another stretch of his start. Through seven innings, Santana had thrown just 67 pitches.
    And this time, Santana even got to help out the offensive effort himself. The ace drew his first career walk in the Twins' five-run second inning. He then recorded his first career extra-base hit in the fifth, when he doubled to right field off Aaron Seles. Santana later scored in the inning on a Michael Cudddyer RBI single.
    Tuesday's blowout was just another example of the offensive inconsistency that has hindered the Twins. After tallying just one run on five hits in Monday's loss, the Twins were able to drive in nine runs on 12 hits in Game 2 of the series.
    The Twins knocked out Mets starter Jorge Sosa after just 3 1/3 innings. They tagged him for seven runs (five earned) on eight hits. It was a complete offensive effort, led by Joe Mauer's 2-for-4 night at the plate with an RBI and two runs scored. Justin Morneau and Cuddyer each tallied two RBIs on the night, as well.
    The Official Site of The Minnesota Twins: News: Minnesota Twins News

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Twins dump Mets

LMAO, Santana walked and doubled.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: Twins dump Mets

Go Twins. The Mets have to lose.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."