Thread: Nick Blackburn SP AAA Rochester

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins Nick Blackburn SP AAA Rochester

Anyone have any good info on him? In his last four games he has pitched 32 innings, ZERO runs against and 20 strike outs. with a 4-1 record and a 1.79 era.

He looks like he is the ace of the Red Wings. Will he get a chance to start for us and a guy like Silva gets to pitch out of the pen? Garza has been awful, I thought he would show that he deserves to be on the big league club, but things have not worked out.

Any New Yorkers with info please report. We have some good pitching prospects! Might be time to deal a couple for a power hitting DH!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: Nick Blackburn SP AAA Rochester

Here you go:
    Minor League Baseball: Stats: Player
    Were it up to me, I'd give him another year in AAA to get command of all of his pitches. Rochester is pretty well stocked with starters this season and Garza should come up before him, IMO.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

hey bud welcome back! Garza is not ready to me, he is getting killed in AAA.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

The only reason he's getting killed there is because he has a disagreement as to how he should approach the game. The Twins want him to work on his breaking stuff and he wants to throw his fastball to blow people away as he has in the past. Unfortunately, he'll need his breaking stuff to be an effective starter at the major league level. I guess management has an idea what they are doing.
    I like his stuff, but he needs some work on command of his slider and curve.
    I have heard great reports on Blackburn, but he is a bit raw yet.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

What have your heard on him? I just was looking at AAA Rochester, never even heard of him. But the last four games he has been outstanding.

Any news on the farm situation where you are?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I've not seen Blackburn pitch, but he has good stuff. I'll check with some "experts" and get back to you, or you can just check here: Minor League Ball :: Minor Leagues blog featuring John Sickels
    John Sickles was the minor league editor for ESPN and has gone out on his own with this site.
    John is a good guy that I have talked to a couple of times (He's from Des Moines -- about 60 miles from my home).

MLB ERA

great I will check that out. I was born in Des Moines. hope to see you around more. Good talking baseball with a fellow Twins fan.

Any thing in the works for a Twins deal to get a bat or a starting pitcher?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I don't think the team needs a starting pitcher, with the arms in Rochester. A bat is coming back when Rondell White comes off the DL.
    A potential deal I could see would include Scott Baker and a minor leaguer for a decent 3B. Jeff Cirillo has come along nicely, especially when he plays in the field.
    Maybe the Mets will trade David Wright and Jose Reyes for a couple of minor league pitchers and an outfielder?????