Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/17/05: Blue Jays/Twins

AA ERA
    She-ca-go, Detroit, and Cleveland won their games tonight.

Twins lead of second place is shrinking each day.

MLB ERA
    I'll be out of town when the giants are here and the yankees tickets are already spoken for.

*sigh*

MLB ERA
    Game Over

Twins screw the pooch hard and heavy tonight losing 10-3. BTW: What did you think of your boy Muholland Falls giving up a couple runs in the top of the 9th? A couple of 1-2-3 innings and then falls apart like a wet paper bag.

Ugh.. back to work for a bit. I'll pipe in more later (maybe). I"ll say this for now. The Twins looked horrible tonight. From Santana on down the line.

AA ERA
    I will have more to say later after I finish watching the Sonics/Spurs game. One thing for sure. The Twins stink. As for TM, well shit happens.

AA ERA
    I am slowly getting fed up with this team. Twins are testing my patience right now. I haven't been happy with them since last week. They are finding ways to lose games right now. They are not making pitches. They are not hitting well. They are not fielding well. The bottom line is that they stink right now. They are just underacheiving.

Johan stunk out there. It got bad right away in the top of the first as Johan gave up a three-run blast to Vernon Wells to start the game and it went downhill after that. He did okay for awhile till he gave up couple of hits and then Shea Hillebrand got the big hit to score two runs. Then, he was getting hit all over the place as Orlando Hudson threw a knockout pitch by homering off Johan.. Right now, Johan is in a funk. He has to get out of it really soon. The team's fortunes is hinging on Johan.

I am getting really annoyed at the hitters more than anything. Another inept offensive performance. When will it end? Now the hitters are clearly scuffling out there. The turning point of this game was when Juan Castro and Joe Mauer could not get the key hit with the bases loaded. This shit with not hitting with the bases loaded has gone very old. I can understand Juan because he is just not a good hitter, but you would think Joe would get a base hit after all, he has great eye on the ball. Joe came up so lame at that at-bat. That was it. I knew it was over right after that. Championship teams don't find ways to stink it up with the bases loaded. I believe the next big hit with the bases loaded will be the first. All I know is that I am tired of it.

The only good part about this game tonight was Justin's usual upper-deck HR, Torii's HR, and TM's sterling performance in the seventh and eighth. Other than that, nothing to write home about.

All I can say is the Twins stink.

Rookie ERA
    Let's hope this is our pre-All Star break funk and we'll flip a switch and all will be right with the Twins world soon.

It is not like we didn't know this was going to happen. You lose two keys position players like Guzman and Koskie and it messes with the chemistry of the team. I don't care what anyone says, no matter how bad they (Guzman and Koskie) were hitting or how good, they were still always there a part of the infield. Last year when we lost Doug it was only one position and we were already mid-season. This year the infield is unchartered waters from the get go. And with that comes an unsettled team which we are witnessing right now. Most of these guys have been playing together since they came into the league and now with two key members gone, it is unsettling at best. They will come out of it and they will be stronger for it I do believe.

Now if they continue to play like this through the All Star break then we are in trouble! Someone has to cool off the Whiney Sux too by the way. I'm tired of hearing about Jon Garland and how good they are doing. It is almost as bad as hearing about the Yankees coming our of their funk. We'll get there, hang in there!!! (But maybe not tonight, Lohse is pitching!)

Let's go Twins.

AA ERA
    I just hope this Twins teams start playing with an sense of urgency. That's my concern. They gotta start playing the right way.

I always thought the defections of Cristian and Corey could hurt the team was a bunch of marlarkey and I still maintain that way. I wish Corey was back and in hindsight, the Twins should have try to give him a fair offer. They were hatching all their eggs on Cuddyer putting better numbers. They did not figure Michael would have problems fielding at third base. I think Michael can still do it. Right now, it's just not working. Still they are better off working their problems now because Michael, Jason and the Twins are better for it in the long-haul.

I just hope the Twins can finish the month of May strong. We are halfway there. Twins should be very fortunate to have that record right now and not be really behind, but sooner or later, the Twins are going dig themselves in a hole that they may not recover. I think this year, they gotta play like they did last year which was to play consistent winning baseball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12