Thread: 5/13/05: Rangers/Twins

AA ERA

5/13/05: Rangers/Twins

Twins began a 10-game homestand starting tonight. They will play Texas, Toronto, and our neighbors, the Milwaukee Brewers. This should be a good homestand.

Twins are coming off a good road trip as they swept Tampa Bay and were able to win one against the O's. The bullpen has not missed a beat with Juan not being there. With that said, it will be great to see Juan back. I hope he gets to pitch tonight and I hope he gets a huge warm welcome from the fans.

Rangers are a challenge for the Twins. They are a good team and they will definitely be there for the wild-card race this year so this is a series the Twins need to have especially at home. That team can flat-out hit. Their pitching has been solid which is great for their standards. Rangers/Twins games were fun last year and it came down to late innings for either of them to get a win.

Joe Mays will be on the hill tonight for the Twins. He has been solid so far this year. I hope he keeps it up.

Drese vs. Mays

BTW, Jim Souhan wrote a great piece on the team in general so far and the homestans coming up.
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/150/5401042.html

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    The umps made some really shit calls tonight.

AA ERA
    TF: I read that your sister was supposed to sing the national anthem when the Twins play the Rangers. Was it in this series or few months from now when Texas comes to town? If it's this series, I hope she did a good job.

As for the game well, I got nothing to say. I am very disgusted about this loss. We had a 6-2 lead. Great teams don't blow this type of lead. Unfortunately, Joe got tired in the seventh inning and then the pen had its problem. Juan naturally looked rusty from his suspension and it showed. Our infield defense has been sloppy all year. That has gotta change. We are already in May. You would think they would be better. Joe Nathan got hit by Texas tonight thanks to the defense.

I could live with the loss Wednesday, but anytime you blow a big lead and then lose, it's very dissapointing.

I am so angry about this loss.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Yes, Steak I was at this game.

It was partially our fault...i'll blame some of it on the umpire one first base though.

When we were up 5-6...I forgot who was at bat for the Rangers. But they hit it, and we clearly got him out but he called it safe. That ump sucked. So did the home plate ump, his strike zone was goofy.

AA ERA
    TF: I believe it was Shannon Stewart that seemed confused with the strike zone as he had some words with the home ump. I saw that this afternoon at work as I watched yeterday's game from the seventh inning.

It's really shame Torii fell short of robbing Richard Hidalgo of a three-run HR to make it 6-5. I thought he had it, but that ball beat him to the punch. It's also a shame Jacques hit the ball in foul territory instead of the fair territory because that had a HR all over it.

I hope you had a good time despite the loss, TF.