Thread: 5/14/05: Rangers/Twins

AA ERA

5/14/05: Rangers/Twins

Twins continue their three-game series against the Rangers this evening. They are coming off a horrible loss last night where they blew a 6-2 lead. This was a very bad loss last night. This is a game the Twins should have won. Twins could regret this game if they miss the playoffs. There is nothing worse than blowing this lead. I am really peeved about the game last night. Twins gotta get it together soon or else they could trail She-ca-go by double digits real soon. Detroit is slowly getting towards the Twins.

Carlos Silva is on the mound for the Twins tonight. He has been pretty solid overall this season and he has to continue to be this way.

He will go up against old friend, Kenny Rogers, who spent time with the Twins couple of years ago. Kenny was fantastic for the Twins and it's good to see him do well for Texas as their ace.

Silva vs. Rogers

On another sidenote, Happy Fishing Season as today starts the first day of the fishing season in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

MLB ERA
    Fishing opener = unbelievably crappy weather this year. I'm almost glad to not have been able to go this year. I went with the old man last year and we nailed the crappies pretty good, and did decent on the walleyes. This year, if the sun comes out, the crappies will be bitting well again I think, but the walleye are pretty finicky when the weather changes every 15 minutes which it's been doing for the past 3 days.

I'm wearing one of my walleye shirts though, so I'm on the lake in spirit.

Good luck to the rest of the MN fisherpeepz though.

Oh yeah, and the Twinks aren't looking good. 5 runs by TX in the 5th inning. THey rocked Silva. Score = 0-5 (bad guys).

AA ERA
    I really got nothing to say. There is no point analyzing what happened.

Twins have stunk the last three games. That's the bottom line and I am not happy about it. In fact, I am really annoyed.

Tonight, the Twins did shit against Kenny Rogers and it was basically over in the fifth when Carlos just started giving up singles after the second out. That's the story of this game.

I am so peeved off.

MLB ERA
    Hrmm, forget that last comment. Twins stink it up and LOSE 5-0 to the Rangers. Kenny "We Don't Need Him" Rogers pitches a complete game shutout.

Good thing we let him go, but hung on to Terry Mullholland.

AA ERA
    Kenny reportedly was upset that he did not get a shot to start in the postseason couple of years ago. In retrospect, I agree with him. Kyle Lohse had a good year that year, but if Gardy had to do it again, I am guessing Kenny would have started over Kyle. Kenny feels he could contribute as a starter and he wasn't going to just be a reliever, With the way Kenny has pitched the last two years, he ought to feel that way. He has been very good for the Rangers. With Terry, he is just content to be with the Twins. He enjoys being around the guys and he loves Minnesota hence why he decided to be a situational reliever.

AA ERA
    Lynch: I hope you enjoy my sig line and my avatar. :p