Thread: Crain Signs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Twins Crain Signs

Twins agreed to terms with RHP Jesse Crain to a three-year contract.
    The deal only buys out two of Crain's arbitration-eligible seasons, meaning the line benefit the Twins receive is cost certainty. Craig is not eligible for free agency until after 2010.
    Great deal for the Twins as they have a good setup guy for one of the best closers if not THE best closer in the game. Along with Rincon, this is a great bullpen which helped them win the division last year. And to think they were going to trade him for Jason Jennings.

Rookie ERA
    Not exactly my favorite player to watch. I'm unsure about the signings but if he is able to regain the 2005 form then I'd be more than happy. Bullpen is going to be strong for once again, hopefully.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Still a signing to keep the pen intact. Good move for the Twins. I would like to get a free agent dh signed! Power hitter above a 270 batting average would be the key. I hope this can get done soon.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    I see Joe Mauer as a the first player ever to hit .500 over a full season, as he goes 258-512 (a .504 avg.) in 2008. In 2007, he will be the first man to hit .400 when he goes 212-520 (a .408 avg.) He will also hit 988 HRs in his career, including 987 in 2009 and 1 in 2010.

what are you smoking? 500 come on now! As these comments are posted I dont see you being here to long...
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

I have reservations on this deal.

Jesse Crain is not great in tight spots and he gives up the gopher ball.

MLB ERA
    Crain, when properly used, is one of the better pitchers in baseball. He should rely on his fastball more and his breaking ball less. He is developing a decent change-up as well (nice to have guys like Radke and Santana around to show him the proper grip and Anderson to be sure he is releasing it properly).
    To keep the best bullpen in baseball intact is important, especially with the questionable rotation the Twins will have this season.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon