Thread: Timberwolves should just tank it

Timberwolves should just tank it

The Grizzlies, the Celtics, and the Sixers are tanking it now. It's time for the Wolves to do the same thing. They ain't good. They ain't making the playoffs either. They might as well just call it a year and lose 20 straight three times to get that pick. I want to get Durant next year. This guy is freaking good. He can score and play defense. He has that toughness. Imagine KG, Durant, Foye, Wright, and McCants next year? This would be a championship team. It would bring back the glory years. It would bring happiness again. It would bring excitment again. What is the point of making the playoffs and lose to the Suns or Mavs in 4? What is the point of being good enough not to make the playoffs? Besides we lost that draft pick to the Clippers if that scenario happens. If the Wolves get a top 4 pick, it's a lottery protected and the Wolves keep it. It makes sense not to make the playoffs. We need a franchise player for the next 10 years and Durant is that guy.

The Wolves are losing 50-30 to the Rockets. This is more like it.

They have now lost three in a row.

Aim high, Timberwolves.

Rookie ERA
    They're winning two in a row with Randy Foye as a starter. We're in 8th place right now so tanking is out of option unless things goes bad for us.

Even though if to tank the season, we won't get the first overall pick. It's rather a tough luck even getting one.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I would have moved Garnett, I know we could have had Ben Gordon plus others from the Bulls. KG wants to play for a winning team this team blows.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    Ben Gordon isn't getting us anywhere unless you specifically add some more players in the deal.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Imagine KG, Durant, Foye, Wright, and McCants next year? This would be a championship team.

You're joking right?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    I would have moved Garnett, I know we could have had Ben Gordon plus others from the Bulls. KG wants to play for a winning team this team blows.
    Why would you want Ben Gordon instead of KG? I couldn't give a shit if KG wants to play for a winner or not, you'll NEVER get fair value for him. I can't imagine why anyone who claims to be a Wolves fan would want KG traded, just because he wants to win. I'd rather build around him. If they never win a title with him here, oh well. That sucks, but I'd rather not trade him somewhere and see THAT team win a title while we get a handful of their players who still won't win here.

There are a ton of great players that never won titles but it doesn't diminish what they did on the court. Unfortunately, KG may end up in that same boat. Better to see him retire in MN over any other option though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Why move a big man in a big man dominated conference. It would make no sense what so ever. They just need to start finding guys that are LEGITLY able to support KG and Foye right now.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA
    "Thank God for opt outs", says KG.

Gee, thanks a lot, Kevin McHell.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    It's almost a shame that Garnett's stuck in Minnesota. He's easily one of the top 5 players in the NBA, and he's never surrounded by any talent...hell, who else is on that team? Ricky Davis? It's a minor miracle that they're even around .500 with the lack of talent surrounding KG. I certainly hope he gets a chance to win a championship, whether it be with Minnesota or somewhere else.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

KG is gone, Lynch. If there is one thing Glen Taylor hates, it's anyone ripping Taylor's cronies. KG has been bashing McHale for awhile now. With push come to shove, Taylor will favor McHale over KG. With that type of thinking, this is why Taylor comes off as a failure. I say keep KG and build around him.

brownie: Ricky Davis blows period. He does not play defense and he does not bring it. He is a loser. He fits so well with this team. It's a minor miracle that Dwane Casey got .500 out of this bench. The great Randy Wittman, who Taylor and McHale drooled, has showed why he was a loser in Cleveland. You can't make this up with this franchise. Go listen to Dan Barriero at kfan.com. Click on Barreiro on Demand. He rips the Wolves almost everyday.

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcas...N_Barreiro.xml

Read his 2/28 rant and 1/23 rant

That's all you need to know about the Wolves.