Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins Sign Morneau!!

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I thought the same thing with the Brewers opening up Miller Park. Don't hold your breath. People will come to the Cities just to see the stadium, and those fans are NOT coming to see the Twins so much, they want to see the stadium.
    Minnesota sports fans are very intelligent for the most part. They demand a winner. They expect a winner. They are not coming to the ballpark to see a new stadium. They are coming to see their team. They will come if the team has great players. You see the Twins have a great management team and a great owner. This is one of the best franchises in baseball. We ain't Colorado or Milwaukee or the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree with you on the part that the fans of the Twins want to have great players and a good product on the field, etc. All I was saying that the first year or two, fans outside the Minnesota region will come to see the stadium and if they are lucky their team playing the Twins! And, a side note, now that Selig is no longer owner, the Brewers franchise is slowly turning around.

I think Anatassio is going to do good things as an owner, but the jury is out on Doug Melvin and Ned Yost. Melvin has made good moves, but the fact the matter is the Brewers are still mediocre and I am not sure if Ned Yost is the guy that can take them to the next level. I hope I am wrong, but I was dissapointed with them last year.

I know Chicago sports fans make the trek to Minneapolis, but they are coming to see their team not the Twins. Twins fans go to Chicago to see their team not to be part of U.S. Cellular Field.

I doubt Minnesota draw tourists from around the country. It's not like we are NY, Chicago, or Boston.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Minnesota should draw tourists in to town, the mall of america brings people in correct? Chicago fans are always at the games. Just like the packers show up for football. Baseball needs more rivals like this.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12