Thread: Why is Kevin McHale still employed?

Why is Kevin McHale still employed?

Casey had to go. It was time. I like the guy, but it wasn't working. I was very sad to see him go because I like the man. I wanted to see him succeed, but it wasn't going to happen here. His players were not listening to him and they just weren't producing. Is it Casey's fault? No because his roster stinks. Should he have been hired? I don't think so. They should have hired Paul Silas and they should hire him now or when next season starts. Silas may have been a better fit because he would command respect and he would make sure players listen to him. He would make sense.

Don't get excited about Randy Wittman. He won't be any better than Casey. This is probably his last shot as a head coach. If he fails, he will be a glorified assistant like Casey for the rest of his career. I see nothing good about him.

If anyone thinks this team was a playoff team, he or she is drinking. They are not a good defensive team and they got guys who have no game. They would be qualified for the playoffs, but it wasn't going to work out for him and his team long term which is why he got the gig. With that said, Wittman is not going to be the soultion. Guys ain't going to change their game or get better simply because there is a new sheriff in town. They are who they are. Wittman is not going to make this a playoff team.

What's next? I suggest that McHale resign after this season is over. It's a joke that he is still here. He has been a failure in the last few years. I also think Glen Taylor should sell the team to Zygi Wilf, who will demand excellence and hire the best people out there. I suggest that Kiki Vandeweghe is the GM of this basketball franchise and that Paul Silas is coaching the Wolves next year. Trade KG? It probably is time.

Glen Taylor is a piece of you know what. He is an idiot who has no clue about basketball. He has hired friends and family to run a franchise so he reaps what he sow. He has to realize that you hire basketball people not guys who are "one of us" or friends and family. He should have hired Rick Adelman or Larry Brown to coach this group of losers not hire Randy Wittman. Wolves are a country club full of losers.

Don't expect things to get better though. Happy days are far from here.

Go to KFAN.com and listen to Dan Barriero on Fan on Demand. In his opening, he really reamed into Taylor and McHale. He is right on.

This is not a sad occasion, but this is not a joyous occasion.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I believe you are overrating Paul Silas as a head coach. IMO, Silas is a black Lawrence Frank with personality. Similar to Frank with the Nets, Silas was a popular coach of the year candidate who almost immediately turned the Hornets around after Dave Cowens quit, and has not done much since. The first move that the new owner of the Cavs made was firing Silas when the team on the verge of missing the playoffs.

And since when have you favored Larry Brown, whom you have called a piece of you know what?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    To Frank's credit, he took more advantage of a perrenial weak east.

There's a lot of "why is so and so still in Minnesota" out there. Why do they still have Ricky Davis? Why hasn't Kevin Garnett pulled a Norman Bates and had a meltdown? Why is Mark Blount shooting threes? Ya know.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA
    I'm starting to believe that McHale is going to be there til he trades Garnett and gets a shitty return.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    KOZ dont try and use the Minnesota quotes your no good!

McHale will be around for awhile, Taylor want release him becuase he is a Minnesota boy. I think Taylor believes if he would do that the fans would slowly leave the team. I thought there was a trade in te works to move the shitty Jaric to the Pistions! Why did this fall apart?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Taylor did something right, he fired Casey! Guy was to soft we somehow need to find a coach that can get on these players, the level of there games need to all rise!

Any coaches out there you hear the Wolves have an interest in?!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Any coaches out there you hear the Wolves have an interest in?!
    The Wolves are a country club filled with losers. Taylor will never hire a big-name head coach beacuse that guy would have the cajones to tell like it is and Taylor won't like that. He is never going to hire anyone that will be a threat to his guy, Kevin McHale so we are going to hire a chump to coach. Why do you think Casey was hired and now Wittman? Wittman has showed you shit so far. He ain't any better than Casey IMO.

Face it! This team will be losers as long as Taylor is running the team. I hope he sells it to Zygi Wilf. I know Carl Pohlad gets ripped here, but last time I checked, Pohlad won championships while Taylor's ring was a wedding ring from his first wife (he now divorced his wife and he is dating a lady in her 30s).

Wittman will be here for the next 10 years since he will drink that Kool-Aid that Taylor and Company wants his employees. BTW, it's getting amusing to hear Wittman talk effort every game. These guys are playing hard. They ain't any good.

http://rubechat.kfan.com/blogs/danba....aspx#comments

This is all you need to know about the T-Wolves.

Rookie ERA
    Two words: Glen Taylor.

They both are having a love fest going on between. Taylor is so blinded by love, or loveblinded, he did not even notice the extent of damages McHale has caused over the years. McHale must love Legos. He build things up and then destroy them. Bah!