Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins Offer Ortiz 1 Year Deal

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well IMO, if the Twins sign Chen, I would consider Ortiz coming out of the pen as a set-up guy for Nathen. Ortiz is a hard thrower and it may be a good fit for him and help him relax a bit and get back to old old form!

Set-up man his is role, think about Twins fans. I bet you might find yourselves agreeing with me! hahaha..

Juan Rincon is not going to lose his job as a setup man. That role is set. If Rincon goes down with an injury, then Pat Neshek is the setup guy.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well then, maybe as the 6th or 7th inning guy out of the pen?

I hear Texas may be on the verge signing Chen.

I would love to see Chen here.

Ortiz signed here with the gurantee that he is going to start. Twins did not pay him 3 million to be in the pen. It's like what the Wolves did with the worthless Mike James. Not only did they overpay him, but they had an agreement that he had to start every game even if he stunk which is why he signed with the Wolves. I think Randy Foye, who I think should win the Rookie of the Year, should be starting.

MLB ERA
    Ortiz could be in a similar role to Matt Guerrier's. He could be a "long-guy" out of the pen and start occasionally.
    I could see the Twins using 4 regualr starters -- Santana, Bonser, Garza, Silva -- and a couple of swing men to fill in -- Guerrier, Ortiz.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12