Thread: Liriano will have Tommy John Surgery on Monday!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins Liriano will have Tommy John Surgery on Monday!

Chad Hartman just reported this on KFAN radio! Not happy at all about this, Liriano will be out 12-14 months per the report.

I said this all along to get this done over 2 months ago. Looks like I was right all along. Liriano will be missed.

Twins gm
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    This is bad news for him. He was coming along very well and now will have to battle back to regain his form. This leaves quite a hole in the Twins pitching staff, doesn't it?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Here is a story on Liriano's surgery: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6134476
    Here's hoping he makes a full recovery.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Twins' coaches and management should feel ashamed right now.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yah. Can't believe he waited until November, missing a whole month of possible offseason recovery time not to mention the big part of September.

MLB ERA
    No one knew what was wrong until just recently. The MRIs were inconclusive until now. Maybe they need to get some better equipment, techs or Drs. This is at least 2 mis-diagnosed pitchers (Joe Mays was the other one) they've had in the past few seasons.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Twins doctors suck ass. I said this for 2 months that Liriano needs surgury! Now we need to go out and sign a good sp.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Yeah, the team was stupid not to accept your expert medical opinion.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by catman
    No one knew what was wrong until just recently. The MRIs were inconclusive until now. Maybe they need to get some better equipment, techs or Drs. This is at least 2 mis-diagnosed pitchers (Joe Mays was the other one) they've had in the past few seasons.
    If the test were inconclusive, then why try and throw him out there again to possibly further hurt himself?

MLB ERA

Twins

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Twins' coaches and management should feel ashamed right now.
    Exactly. They brought him back too fast near the end of the season (of course, hindsight = 20/20) but now waiting another 2 months to realize he needs this surgery?

I realize you don't want to send a kid under the knife if you don't have to, but how hard is it to figure out that the damage is there or it isn't?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    If the test were inconclusive, then why try and throw him out there again to possibly further hurt himself?
    He'd been throwing in the bullpen, pain-free. He said he was ready to go and the medical team cleared him to play again.
    As I said, maybe the Twins need to find a better Dr to read these tests. The University of Minnesota is just up the street from the Dome and they have some of the better Orthopedic Drs in the country there. Also, there is Mayo less than an hour away by airplane.

MLB ERA
    hell, it's an hour away by car.

MLB ERA
    Its easier to get to by helicopter than by car. I've made the drive to Rochester many times.
    Again, the Twins' Drs cleared him to pitch in September. He'd been throwing bullpen sessions under the supervision of Rick Anderson and the trainers without any pain. He said he was ready to go. If you cannot trust all of these people, its time to get new people.