Thread: Liraino Leave's camp, ponders surgery..

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Liraino Leave's camp, ponders surgery..

Here is the espn link:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Not looking good. Liriano will have to have surgery done The rehab did not work and when he threw the ball the pain was still there. Liraino needs to get the surgery done asap. I would think a year at the earlist he will be back.

Once again the doctors had the injury wrong! Surgery could have been done months ago..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Generally, a team as well as medical professionals will attempt to treat an injury as conservatively as possible, attempting to avoid surgery. Since the extent of the damage is still not known, the team can afford to wait a little longer. After all, if Liriano needs Tommy John, 2007 is gone anyway.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    But again why wait? Sooner the surgery is done the quicker he can return..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Medical ethics keeps you from cutting a guy open without knowing why.

MLB ERA
    Exactly. All avenues are exhausted before surgery is contemplated. As a medical professional, and one that had major knee surgery done last year, I will tell you that the diagnosis was not complete until every non-surgical intervention was tried. I worked with my Dr for over 6 months before we found out that I had been running around without an ACL for 30 years.
    I hope Francisco can get this surgery done and out of the way so his rehab will be started soon. The way I read the story, it appears that exploratory surgery will be performed to see what the MRI didn't show. Not necessarily bad news.
    This certainly puts a damper on the off-season for the Twins now doesn't it? It also makes signing a decent pitcher a must, along with another right-handed bat.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon