Thread: 2007 Twins Lineup.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins 2007 Twins Lineup.

What do you think the 07 Twins lineup will look like? I will have something later tonight on this. We will have alot of Money to work with Hunter, Stewart and Radke most likely gone. There should be 16+ million right there to play with.

Team needs that I see.

1. Power hitting DH
    2. Starting Pitcher
    3. More productive hitter power wise at SS and 3rd. To me 3rd base is a must. (25 homers and 115 Rbi's is ideal.) Bartlett and Punto did ok minus the power and rbi totals that we need.
    4. Big time Left Fielder. Numbers same as Hunter or Cuddyer. If Hunter is gone add a cf to this. White had a terrible year, came on at seasons end but can we count on him?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Twins could try and get two reasonably cheap guys like Pedro Feliz to play third and take a chance on Jose Guillen at DH. Guillen will be coming back from surgery so he shouldn't cost that much and I am just hoping that Feliz is not in a Giants uniform next season. I think Hunter stays and as far as starting pitching, good luck. I do like Randy Wolf as a FA though. He and Guillen are sleepers due to their injuries.

MLB ERA
    I would give the internal options a shot in the rotation and concentrate on bringing in another big bat. Feliz could be the answer, as he can play nearly any position and hits with some power. If the Twins can resign Torii Hunter, they will give potential free agents the impression that they want to win again. This would help attract some of them. Guillen and Feliz would fit in nicely.
    Like I have said before, the rotation next season should be Santana, Bonser, Liriano, Garza, Silva/Baker/Slowey, with the guys that miss out on the 5th spot being long-relievers or trade bait.
    Batting order would be:
    1. Castillo -- 2B
    2. Punto -- 3B
    3. Mauer -- C
    4. Cuddyer -- RF
    5. Morneau -- 1B
    6. Hunter -- CF
    7. ??? -- DH (Feliz?)
    8. ??? -- LF (Guillen?)
    9. Bartlett -- SS.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon