Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umpire screwed Twins and Hunter!!!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Umpire screwed Twins and Hunter!!!

Game 3

Twins should have score 2 runs if not more, Hunter slides into home plate and Jason Kendall supposedly tags hunter out! Thing is Kendall NEVER tags hunter out!! So as usual the Umpire blows another call. 4-2 bottom of the 6th.

Radke had several pitches that were right over the plate, when ESPN shows the pitches there in k zone and called balls. This home plate umpire needs to be umping in a ball.

Again with the damage to Radke shoulder he did a good job. If we lose we lose but with the help of the home plate umpire, any team a's would have played today would have been behind!

Need 3 runs in last 3 innings to get us the much needed win!

Come on Twins.

A's fan please be fair on the play. No chance was Hunter tagged.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I am pulling for the Twins but I honestly couldn't tell for sure whether he was safe or not. It looked like maybe Kendall might have missed the tag but it was too close to tell for sure from replays.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Look for the play on ESPN. Damn blown call may end the season for the Twins. We were rolling that inning and look what happened!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    yea, rolling to 3 victories in a row, right?

you would have still been losing if that run counted...how bout those 3 errors? The Twins haven't helped themselves all series...they don't deserve a break from the umpire.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The call was close. But really the Twins are shooting themselves in the foot yet again today. Dont blame this play for them losing right now.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    That wasn't really a pivotal play that would have swung the game in favor of the Twins. It was more of a play that represented how they played the whole series. Absolutely nothing went right for the Twins at all in this series.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    I agree, Molina. The Twins played very tight and made too many mistakes to win the series. This is not to take anything away from the A's, who played an outstanding series and deserved to win.
    The worst thing that happened today was that Radke lost his last start. I wish him the best in the future and hope the Twins can keep him on their coaching staff. I can't think of too many better guys to show a change-up to a young pitcher.
    And, by the way, it was difficult to tell if Torii was safe or out. The umpire was in decent position and Kendall sold the "tag" well. Torii's reaction told me that he didn't feel he was tagged, however.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

C you there
    MLB ERA
    I did not see the play if that did happen I'm sorry but a's won

MLB ERA
    Prov

Congrats you won the series, wow I am so happy for your A's. I dont see you beating the Tigers or the Yankees. I doubt that the pitching will continue. But again your staff made the Twins look bad.

Hunter blew game 2 on the dive.
    Game 3 should have been a different story. Hunter was safe at home. Score would have been 4-3 with White at 2nd and 1 out. But again things happen.

There are more important things to worry about now.

1. Radke's retirement or not?
    2. Hunter's contract will we resign him or not.
    3. Liriano's health
    4. Will we ever sign the big time DH ths team needs.
    5 Boonser must get better. Had a better last month of the season, must be consistant the entire year.
    6. Garza must continue to get better. He needed the year at AAA but with the staff issues we brought him up. The entire year at AAA would only have made Garza better!

Thomas was a great free agent that the Twins passed on, why I dont know! Health may be the concern or better yet it was Polad not wanting to spend again.

Yes we lost the series, but Chi Suxo did not make the playoffs and we did win the al central! From how bad this team was to a playoff team is a great season.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I think Liriano is clearly the most important on that list.

MLB ERA
    I agree with that. If Liriano cannot handle the strain of being a starter, he could become a "lights out" closer, allowing the Twins to move Nathan for some power prospects.
    As to the Twins not signing Frank Thomas, they, along with Frank and his people, came to an agreement that playing 81 games on the turf at the Dome would not be in his long-term best interests. In retrospect, I think he could have handled it and the Twins certainly could have used his bat in their line-up. He could have been the difference maker this season. If the A's and Frank do not come to an agreement, I hope the Twins will revisit the contract negotiations and start with 2 years/$7 M with incentives bringing it up to 2/$12M.
    As to Bonser and Garza, let them have a bit of time before you throw them under the bus. They are just kids, afterall, and will get a lot better.
    Twins rotation next season should be
    1. Santana
    2. Bonser
    3. Liriano
    4. Garza
    5. Silva/Baker/Slowey.
    I, for one, would love to see Torii Hunter remain in a Twins uniform, but at what cost? He performed very well down the stretch.
    Radke has now said that he may come back if he feels better next spring. I would like to see him at least try. He'd be a good #4 starter next season, and he'd be a great mentor for the young guys -- Bonser, Baker, Garza, Slowey.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Prov

Congrats you won the series, wow I am so happy for your A's. I dont see you beating the Tigers or the Yankees. I doubt that the pitching will continue. But again your staff made the Twins look bad.

Score would have been 4-3 with White at 2nd and 1 out.
    White was on 1st after that play IIRC.

All you do is talk shit bro...all of you guys were saying the Twinkies were going to destroy the A's. Guess what, we destroyed you and in the process became only the 3rd team EVER to never trail once in the entire series. Your team did not hit with RISP, your bullpen sucked, you played piss poor defense, and did not make smart decisions. The A's outclassed you and outplayed you. So keep disrespecting them, but we beat you and we're moving on to continue to get disrespected...it's cool...apparently, they're feeding off it. At least catman and lynch showed class in losing.

MLB ERA
    Class prov?

WTF do you want? Flowers,Candy? I said you won. We did not play well I said that. The A's were the better team. Give up already, you won go post in your team thread. If the Tigers beat the Yanks as they did there the team to beat.

Look at the star tribune. We are the team to beat in 2007.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    all you do is talk shit when your team is winning like when you swept the A's back in May or whenever in MIN. And then when your team gets embarrassed when it means most you got nothing much to say. You were all over Dam about the Twins beating the Sox, but can't seem to take it when your team gets beaten

MLB ERA
    I have taken the loss just fine. I was on Dam becuase he was the one to start all the bs. I said your team was the better team. Last time I will ever say this!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast