Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins win the Central!!!!!!!!!

MLB ERA

Twins win the Central!!!!!!!!!

Wow this is just amazing, probably one of the best runs ever, i dont remember but the Twins were like down 15-20 games in June i believe, and they were in 3rd in the Division, and somehow manage to keep up and win the central!!!!

The most impressive thing about this is that Lariano and Radke have/had been injured for the majority of the time durring this run.

MLB ERA
    Congrats to the Twins

I predicted the twins to win the central but after the tigers took off I didn't think it was possible, just glad to see I was right about something this year.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Great seasons from the Twins and I hope they can get out of the first round but I think the A's have too much pitching. Should be one of the better series.

MLB ERA
    Little piece of trivia for you boys and girls....

When the Twins got their little piece of 1st place late last week (thursday I think it was), it marked the latest EVER in the history of MLB that a team got it's first taste of 1st place, after not having been in first place for even one day earlier in the year.

To think, they could have had the division wrapped up a couple of days ago. I have a hard time believing it still. I was reading the paper on Saturday and just shook my head after they had lost the game on Friday night and then lost again on Saturday afternoon.

I'll be the first to admit, I was wrong. I had them pegged to be LUCKY to get to 80 wins this season. Part of that of course, is that I can't stand Gardenweasle and would love to see him gone. After the first two months of the year, no way in hell would I have expected playoffs much less a division title.

In fact, I was wrong in a few aspects of this season:
    • I figured Detroit would piss away the title, because I just didn't think they were that good. (half wrong, half right)
    • Figured Chicago, even though I didn't think they were anything special either, would at least win the division title (wrong)
    • Figured MN to end up in 4th place in the division behind Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland. Honestly, I had them pegged to suck pretty bad this year and I as I said above, would be very lucky to get 80 wins (wrong)
    • By the end of May, was expecting (more hoping) that Gardendumbass would have gotten fired (wrong)

MLB ERA
    Congrats to the Twins. They were the best team in Baseball for 2/3 of the year. A couple of games they should have won in the past week and a half and they would have been the #1 seed in the AL. I'm not complaining, but that sure would have been cool.

MLB ERA
    Goddamn. Imagine well out of the race to the #1 Seed? Either way, I'm glad we get the Tiggers.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    time for revenge!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    good luck. Twins are hot! You have to face the cy young award winner, the batting champ and I think the al mvp.

Twins should win this in 4 games.

way to go Twins!

where is rocksports when I need to bash him!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Good job by the Twins on winning when they had to. Mauer is the first catcher to lead the majors in hitting. Morneau finished 2nd in RBI (amazing double he hit today on a great pitch). Torii Hunter finished with 31 homers and 98 RBI -- not bad for a guy that missed 3 weeks.
    Johan Santana -- what can be said about him? Nothing more needs to be said.
    Great job for a team that most predicted to finish no higher than 3rd in the division, with 80-82 wins.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Here is a story from the St Paul Pioneer Press about October Baseball in Minnesota:
    http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/15644343.htm
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    The A's have the best record in the majors since the ASG...so it's not like they're cold. Yes, we have to face Santana the first game, but then we face 3 pitchers in a row that are not exactly beasts in Radke/Garza, Silva, and Bonser I think that's where the A's will win the series...and certainly if we "steal" game 1 against Santana, then forget about it...you're going down.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I dont see that happening. You have to beat us in the Dome which not to many teams have done. This will be fun to watch. The times for the game is terrible. Damn Yankees get the prime time spot as always, that to me needs to change.

Go Twins
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    This should be a good series. I think the Twins will win it, and not just because I'm a Twins' fan. The Twins were 6-4 against Oakland this season and won 5 of the 6 played at the Dome.

MLB ERA

Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    The A's have the best record in the majors since the ASG
    depends on how you decide that.

Since the ASB:
    • MN = 49-27
    • Oak = 48-26
    Twins have one more win and one more loss in two more games played.
    So, take the winning percentages and what do you have?
    • MN = .645
    • Oak = .648
    Let's breakdown the months since the ASG and look at the numbers:

July (post ASG):
    MN = 14-4 (.778)
    Oak = 11-7 (.611)

Aug:
    MN = 16-12 (.571)
    Oak = 21-6 (.778)

Sept:
    MN = 19-11 (.633)
    Oak = 16-13 (.552)

Neither team had a "bad" month. MN faltered off their pace in August while Oakland had a HELL of an August. MN picked it back up again coming down the stretch in Sept while Oakland cooled off considerably down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    ...so it's not like they're cold.
    Nope, definitely not cold. They had a hell of a second half.

MLB ERA
    the thing I read said the Twins had the best record since June something or another and that the A's had the best record since the ASG...I didn't really check as I thought journalists were required to check that shit regardless, my point was that the A's are just as hot.

I assume they were going by winning % so I was correct...and I wasn't trying to say the Twins were cold...it was implied that the Twins were on fire and the A's were not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast