Thread: Twins Magic number is 3!!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins Magic number is 3!!

After all the talk to how bad we were look who should be in the playoffs! Only a game and a half out of first. 3 games and we can get rid of the Whity Suxs and be in the playoffs. Somehow we need to get past Detroit so we can rest some players for the playoffs.

Key game today vs Baltimore. We must win and hope that somehow we can get past the Tigers with help from KC.

I am at the Vikings game! 45 yard line vikes sideline 15 rows up! Flew into Minnesota last night. Looking forward to a Vikes win and be 3-0! I have my palm treo with me I will report on the game when I can.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Sounds like fun.
    I agree that the Twins need to find a way to catch and pass Detroit. I would much rather face the A's in the playoffs than the Yankees.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    When/if we end up facing the yankees, I think we will be screwed. The yanks are pretty tight. It would be damn important to win the division to get the A's in round one. I was thinking it would be pretty easy a week an a half ago to get past Detroit but the twins have really faltered in a few games including 2 that I figured would be automatic, being the last two from Santana.

We really need this sweep vs KC.

MLB ERA
    The Twins have clinched their 4th playoff spot in the last 5 years. Not a bad run, but I hope to see them sweep the Royals and White Sox, catch the Tigers, and play Oakland in the first round of the playoffs.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    I'm figuring this. Now that they are in, I think they'll relax and try to keep the pitching staff fresh. I'm not saying I agree with it, but seeing how Gardenweasle has handled other post season play and the pitching staff going into it (and in the playoffs), I think he'll sit back now. I'm saying this based on Boof is slotted to pitch on Saturday, which would be Santana's normal day. No way can Cyantana get 20 wins now this year.

For me, I want a sweep of both KC and Chicago. If they can somehow do that, they will take the division and probably the best record in baseball, thus assuring homefield throughout the playoffs and into the WS. To me, as a non-manager, that's what I want and I want it bad.

AAA ERA
    Congrats Twins fans! and welcome back to the postseason after a brief 1 year absence. Good luck chasing the div title, det seems to be back on track so you got a dog fight these last 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    I am at the Vikings game! 45 yard line vikes sideline 15 rows up! Flew into Minnesota last night. Looking forward to a Vikes win and be 3-0! I have my palm treo with me I will report on the game when I can.
    Man I am ****ing pissed about this loss on Sunday. The better team loss. Vikings did everything but win. I thought our defense outplayed Chicago's overrated defense. I thought our offense did much better than the Bears defense. It's too bad Chester fumbled the ball in the end. Vikings defense was sucking wind out there and then to put them back in is crazy. I am so angry about this game because the Bears did not deserve this win and I hate their team with a passion like I do with the White Sox. I know everyone is whining about Childress's playcalling, but what the heck did anyone expect. Vikings ain't scoring points against good defensive teams. They will score a lot against the Niners.

If Bears fans want to get cocky about this win, they can be my guest. Again, the Bears did shit. If they play a real team like Seattle, they will get exposed. If the Bears are that good, this game would have been a blowout by the Vikings.

It's a joke the Bears even won that game.

I hope payback is a ***** when the Vikings come to Soldier Field.

Quote Originally Posted by catman
    Sounds like fun.
    I agree that the Twins need to find a way to catch and pass Detroit. I would much rather face the A's in the playoffs than the Yankees.
    I am not in the business of cherry-picking who to face in the playoffs. Bring anyone on. No one is going to be easy. Oakland and Detroit won't be easy either. Twins just gotta play good baseball. I think our hitters are good enough to beat anyone. The pitching is a different story. I trust Johan and Boof, but what about the rest. Silva has no business starting a postseason game. Good to see Radke back, but he may be a bad matchup against NY. Garza is not ready to start in the postseason.

This is where losing Francisco hurts.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Man I am ****ing pissed about this loss on Sunday. The better team loss. Vikings did everything but win. I thought our defense outplayed Chicago's overrated defense. I thought our offense did much better than the Bears defense. It's too bad Chester fumbled the ball in the end. Vikings defense was sucking wind out there and then to put them back in is crazy. I am so angry about this game because the Bears did not deserve this win and I hate their team with a passion like I do with the White Sox. I know everyone is whining about Childress's playcalling, but what the heck did anyone expect. Vikings ain't scoring points against good defensive teams. They will score a lot against the Niners.

If Bears fans want to get cocky about this win, they can be my guest. Again, the Bears did shit. If they play a real team like Seattle, they will get exposed. If the Bears are that good, this game would have been a blowout by the Vikings.

It's a joke the Bears even won that game.

I hope payback is a ***** when the Vikings come to Soldier Field.
    Was bored and looking through the forums. How was that visit to Soilder Field? Devin Hester treated ya nicely I see. Saw this the other day and it reminded me of you: http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=3118793

WOW! Bears beat the Vikings? Is that really a big deal when you consider the Niners, Packers, Dolphins, Bills, and other bad teams beat the Vikings? If anything, shame on the Bears for even playing close to the Vikings. Vikings had couple of opportunities to beat them. Like I told Dam8610, the Vikings lost because they have a very dumb coach and a quarterback that is very old.

BTW, I hope you enjoyed Randy Foye winning in a buzzer beater tonight against the overrated, Chicago Bulls.

Also enjoy seeing the Cubs dissapoint for the umpteenth time this coming season while the Twins go for a championship.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Cubs are like the worst team in professional sports history!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You just insulted the Arizona Cardinals.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)