Thread: Twins at the Tribe (9/14 - 9/17)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins at the Tribe (9/14 - 9/17)

This is more of a recap thread than anything as I was just too damn busy the past few days to keep up with it as it was going on.

Twins take 3 of 4 from the Indians this weekend and have really solidified their spot as (at minimum) the AL Wild Card team, still with a good chance to take the division. The Twins are now 4 full games up on the White Sox with 13 games to go. The Twins are playing hot baseball at the right time of the year and even if they play .500 ball the rest of the way, the Sox would have to win 10 or 11 of their last 13 to take the Wild card slot.

On the other hand, the Twins are only 1 game behind the Tigers, who play their 3 games (at home) against the Tigers. If Chicago can take 2 of 3 (which is very possible), the Twins could be on top of the division by mid-week. Then again, the Twins are playing Boston in Boston, so it could be a tough week for the Twins as well.

It's too bad the Twins lost Santana's game on Friday (4-5 in 10 innings) because a sweep of Cleveland would have been absolutely outstanding, as well as would have more cemented Santana's Cy Young in place.

Good job by the Twins though. They've won 8 of their last 10 including 3 against the Tigers.

MLB ERA
    Agreed. If someone would have told me that the Twins would go 3-1 in Cleveland in September back in May, I'd have told them they were nuts.
    Nice to see the kids pitch well, especially with Baker and Guerrier pitching as well as they both did.
    They are on a roll right now.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    only a game out of first. nice road trip we had. Boston is a must win series that should tell where we stand as either a wildcard team or the al central champ. I would guess right now chicago will play hard this week. cant wait to see what happens this week.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL