Thread: Twins vs Tigers (9/7 - 9/10)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins vs Tigers (9/7 - 9/10)

Game 1: Twins lost the first one getting spanked 2-7. Nothing to really talk about here. The game sucked and we lost.

Game 2: They made game 2 a HELL of a lot more fun to watch, beating the Tigers 9-4. Garza got spanked early, giving up 4 runs in 4 innings, yet still picking up 6 K's in that time. The 5th and 6th innings were fun to watch as the Tigers scored 2 in the top of the 5th and the Twins scored 4 in the bottom of the 5th and then 4 more in the 6th inning. It seemed that everyone that got up to bat was getting on base and the next guy was knocking someone in. The Twins need that the rest of the series.

MLB ERA
    Game 3 is tonight with Bonser (4-5, 4.83) vs Robertson (12-11, 3.93). If Bonser can remain calm on the mound and last though at least 6 innings allowing the bullpen to close it up, and if the middle of the order can hit like they are supposed to, they have a good shot at beating the Tigers tonight.

Game 4 on Sunday has Santana matching up with Bonderman. That should be a good game as well. Santana has been lights-out at home for a long time. I won't ever say he's automatic, but he's damn good on the mound in the dome. He needs to continue this the rest of the season at the ol' HHH.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

I think he has cemented his spot in the postseason rotation.

What a performance by him.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    he did pitch a good game. Makes me think can he be that consistant evey game? I hope so. We will need him.

Liriano pitched in aaa last night. pitched well and should be back in the rotation wednesday!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Well Boof knows how to trust his stuff. That is the key. I think we can trust him. He did a good job against a good Tigers team. You don't that getting lucky.

MLB ERA
    Game 3 comment:

I'm amazed that the Twins only pulled off 2 runs in game 3. I was on my way home and listened to the first 3 innings on the radio and that second inning, they easily could have had 4 runs. They had some good bats early but still pulled off a good win and Boof had one of his best outtings yet.

MLB ERA
    Game 4 comments:

First and foremost, Johan Cyantana is obviously proving to everyone that he was ripped off last year in his quest (soon to be conquest) of the 2006 AL Cy Young. The dude is ****ing lights out in the Dome. He's just amazing. Today was no exception, giving up 2 hits and 11 K's in 6-1/3 innings, lowering his major league leading ERA to 2.75 and adding to his major league leading strikeout total to a now very very impressive 230 K's on the year. Oh yeah, also the first guy to 18 wins on the season.

Wish I could have seen this game as the Twins bats were hot, the pitching was hot and the Hump Dome was rocking with 40,000+ butts in the seats. The Twins picked up 15 hits and 12 runs in an absolute asswhuppin' of the Tigers, 12-1.

Way to go Twins!

MLB ERA
    But the KEY point is that we are now 2 out of first place! Also a game and a half lead in the wild card. I watched the game today Ron Coomer was doing the play by play, he did a great job! Anyways next is the A's, must win series. Liriano pitches Wednesday.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Who's place is he taking (hopefully Silva)

It looks the rotation will be the following:
    Santana, Liriano, Bonser, Guerrier, and Garza.

Silva could be out. I don't see Gardy trusting him especially after he quit on the Twins in his last start where he had a tummyache.

Johan better win the Cy Young this year or else it will be a tragedy. I don't want to hear about Garland, Wang, Verlander, and Halliday. Without Johan, this team is not even in the playoff race.

MLB ERA
    Garza is going to be out of the pitching rotation. He will back up Liriano on Wednsday if needed. They said this yesterday during the game.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

That would be dumb. I know Garza can not pitch past 4 innings because he does not have the arm strength, but you trust Carlos Silva in the rotation. He has been horrible all year. He does not have even the stamina to go past 5 innings and he starts to lose in 7 innings. Silva clearly turned the team off by quitting on them with a tummyache.