Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign Dimitri Young

Sign Dimitri Young

I think this guy can help us. He can hit and most importantly, he is a winner. He will be a presence in the locker room. I say sign him and have him in the postseason roster. Young was released by the Tigers yesterday.

#1 Cena Hater
    Rookie ERA
    I dunno, he wouldn't be much help for you guys as he's been underachieving badly. Oh, and he wouldn't be eligible for the postseason, since the cutoff for that was midnight on September 1st

Yankees Record: 89-57
    Magic Number: 6

#1 Cena Hater
    Rookie ERA
    To follow up on that, here are his numbers

.250 batting average in 172 ABs

7 Homers

23 RBI

Certainly not the DH type for this year. Sure, Nevin aint doin much better, but at this point, the Twins are much better off. Dont fix what aint broken.

Yankees Record: 89-57
    Magic Number: 6

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    A winner... ? Or a woman beater?
    I think a team is better off without his services for this season.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Can he be worse than Nevin or White? Seriously?

Of course, he is not going to put good numbers right away. He just came back from rehab. He needs to get his timing back. He needs to be comfortable. He is still out of sorts. The fact he has 7 HRs and 23 RBIs is pretty impressive after what he has went through. To me, he deserves a medal for even playing this year.

I understand that he may not be in the playoff roster, but he can carry them to the playoffs and then sign a lucrative contract next year and get a chance to take them to the World Series.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    White has been on a tear lately so I wouldn't take his ABs away just yet.

After tonight's game, more than ever, they need to sign DY.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    no timberwolf Twins hit in way to many double plays. Also the castillo pick off was a bad play! Castillo head was not in the game, that hurt. We still have 3 games with the kitties we need to win tonights game! The White Soxs are just about done. Playoffs we should make and if we can get the last 3 games here we can be a game out of first!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree.. I think that Young's better days are over for him, and I think he would be a distraction also... I think the Twins, if they make the playoffs, are going to be just fine... I really like their pitching stafff... And if Liriano comes ack and is good as before the DL stint. That is an awesome 1-2 punch in a playoffs series.... Some teams are built for the playoffs, and to just survive the marathon of the season and some aren't.... That happens quite a bit in hockey, that is why I used that analogy.... Just get the tea there and the pitching will do the talking, and the Twins staff will do quite a bit of talking.... They just ned to get some timely offense and play their normal stellar defense and I feel they have the one staff that may give the Yankees a difficult time... Especially if they take a page out of the Angels play book from 2002.... Good starters and a good closer is a good recipe for success in the playoffs... The Twins have that, they just can't let teams like the Yankees intimidate them like they have in the past...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    follow up from previous post... I think the Twins have something special going this year and sometimes the best moves a team can make are the ones that are NOT made.... Kind of like the rival in your division from last years run... Sometimes you just don't want to mess with that mojo, magic, chemistry, whatever you want to call it...

Here is the thing. The little prinahas don't do much till they play the White Sox. That to me shows you how bad Chicago's pitching is. Why is it they can't do it against other teams? Mauer and Morneau are slumping. I wonder if they are hurt. Twins are not that scary offensively. It has showed for years. Does anyone on that team really scare you?

I agree the Twins are scared to play the Yankees, brewersfan19. It was clear how they roll over last weekend. It seems when the Yankees lead, the Twins just go belly up and that's the problem. When the Twins were bad, they relish playing the Yankees and found a way to beat em. I haven't seen this since the Gardenhire era. Granted, the Twins starting pitching against NY has been bad for years. You need to have very good pitchers to beat the Yankees and the Twins have two and maybe more down the road with Garza and others.

Has anyone realized that Young did well after coming from rehab? That is a good story. It's hard to play when you have personal problems in your life. White Sox and Twins are apples and oranges. Last year's White Sox had very good pitching. They have four guys who can win games. Twins have two at best. Bonser and Garza have done okay, but they are not scaring anyone either. White Sox are traditionally a good hitting team though it does not like it now.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    MOrneau is in a slump? He is hitting .360 this month.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I still think if the Twins make the playoffs they are going to be a hard out... Their pitching is good.... real good... one of the best all round pitching staffs in baseball IMO.. the thought of having to face Santana 2 or 3 times in a series would be strike fear in teams.....

The last two weeks, Morneau has struggled. Tonight, he had a good game.

The only way they will be a tough out if Liriano can be healthy and dominant. Even then, that won't be easy. You gotta hit. Yankees will throw two of their best pitchers. Same with Oakland in the ALDS.

Best all around pitching staff means you have 4 good pitchers. I trust only Johan and Liriano. I am not counting on Radke to pitch this year again. Matt Garza is good, but he can't pitch past the fourth inning as you saw tonight. Silva is hopeless. Boof is the X-Factor, but I have my doubts. Baker is lost right now.

AA ERA
    It's pointless to even discuss signing Dmitri Young because, as someone mentioned above, he wouldn't be eligible for the postseason. I read an article today that said he had started to become a "cancer" in the clubhouse for the Tigers, thinking more of himself than the team. Not someone the Twins want in a race for the playoffs, Dmitri Young would most likely cause more problems rather than solving any.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast