Thread: Twins back on top in wild card race..

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins back on top in wild card race..

Twins are a 1/2 game up in the wild card race again! 5 out of first. This could very well go down to the last series of the season at the dome with the Suxs. Either way if we are ahead by a game or if the Suxs are we will win in at the dome.

Should be alot of fun the rest of the season.
    Last edited by mntwinsfan; 09-05-2006 at 01:59 PM. Reason: :)
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Twins need to get their act together right now. I don't want to wait till the final weekend of the season. Watching the game tonight, Bremer mentioned that Santana is starting the last game of the season if it comes down to it. I don't want it to come down to that because I want Johan starting in Game 1 not in Game 3 against NY in the playoffs. White Sox look like they are about to be done so let's hope this team gets it done like tonight and yesterday afternoon.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    We are only 4 games out of first! With a key series at the dome vs Detriot. We could be in a tie for first with a win today a loss my detroit and a sweep at the dome.

We are playing great baseball minus the ny series. 1 and 1/2 games up in the wild card!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    The Twins are now 3 games up on the White Sox and have an easier schedule down the stretch than the Sox do. They have 1 more in Cleveland, 3 in Boston, 3 in Baltimore and finish the season with 4 at home against KC and 3 against the White Sox.
    Chicago has 1 more in Oakland, 3 against the Tigers in Chicago, 4 against Seattle in Chicago, and finishes up on the road with 3 in Cleveland and 3 in Minnesota.
    If needed, Santana will pitch the final game on October 1, or if not needed, he'll lead off the playoffs.
    Looks good for the Twins, IMO.

MLB ERA
    And after today, the Twins are 4 full games up on the White Sox and only 1 game behind the Tigers.

if you had told me this would be the case in mid September, back in May? I would have told you to go jump in a cold, deep lake. Sometimes, I guess I really don't mind being wrong (as I was a HUGE critic of this team early in the season, and rightfully so)

MLB ERA
    Around the end of May, I was wondering if this team would finish at .500 this season. That would have been a pretty good goal at that time, IMO.
    They got really hot the first week of June and have been the best team in baseball since then. They have overcome a lot of adversity this season, with injuries to a lot of key players -- Stewart has 175 ABs and he's been a big part of the offense since he arrived. Radke has been out for a month. Liriano has been out for over a month. Rondell White had shoulder issues and spent a lot of time on the DL.
    The team decided to add speed to the offense, as the "power" wasn't working. They released Tony Batista and Ruben Sierra. They traded Juan Castro. They changed the pitching rotation and brought Dennys Reyes up to fill Liriano's spot in the pen.
    A lot of moves worked out for the team this season that could have blown up in Gardy and Ryan's faces.
    It has been an amazing season.

One way or another, the Twins are a playoff team.

They deserved to be in the playoffs.

White Sox are done and I couldn't be any happier. White Sox are a team that I hate the most in sports. Nice to see them get theirs.

MLB ERA
    I'm not a fan of theirs, although they do have a number of fans that bug me.

It would be nice if the White Sox could do us a favor and win these next couple of games though. They got spanked tonight 8-2 by the Tigers, so we are now 1.5 behind Detroit.

MLB ERA
    I'd like to see the White Sox and Tigers each win 6 games for the rest of the season. My wife made a bold prediction about the Tigers in March. She predicted that they would win 95 games and I want to pay the bet off ($5 -- no biggie). Her bet was looking very solid about a month ago, but hasn't looked nearly as good recently. I wish she'd have put $5 down in Vegas in March. I'm sure she'd have gotten pretty good odds.
    If this happens, the Twins could easily win the AL Central and avoid playing the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

I think the Twins will win the division.

As for Chicago sports fans, there is nothing to like about them.

I can't wait till the Vikings expose the Bears for who they are on Sunday. I think they will spank em pretty good since they are at home.