Thread: Radke out for 2-3 weeks

MLB ERA

Radke out for 2-3 weeks

LINK

I also heard on ESPN a couple of days ago that he was retiring after this season. I don't know when this was announced but it was news to me.

Either he will come back at the end of the season to pitch, or his 2 inning outting against the Whitesox on August 25th will be the last game of his 12 year career with the Twins.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    He announced before the season even started that this was his last season.

MLB ERA
    I figured he probably did it a while ago. Somehow I just never heard about it. Oh well, no matter.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That is good news, right? Last year Twins fans all wanted him gone from the team.

MLB ERA
    I've wanted him gone for a couple of years. He's a steady-eddie type pitcher but for the money he's making every year, he's far over-paid for his talent level. And when we constantly hear about how the Twins have no ****ing money and how we are a small market team and blah blah mother****ing blah, yet while owned by the richest owner in all of MLB... it gets old. So, we over pay Joe Average and can't ever bring in a big name FA.

Radke has been a good pitcher for years, but he's never been great (although he did have one season where he really shined).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Would you really want big name FAs with all the crap that the likes of Steinbrenner and Daniel Snyder have taken from the cynics?

MLB ERA
    I wouldn't want to spend 250 million on anyone, but it'd be nice to go after a FA that isn't a complete bottom of the barrel stiff (see Rondell White) that 28 other teams passed up on before you even look at him.

This team has been afraid to make a mid-season move far too often over the past 15 years. It's annoying and its sickening. We've got a damn good farm system and the reason we have that is that we trade away guys as soon as they start making any dough and we almost always get prospects in return. Not bad if you ever want to KEEP any of those prospects, but so damn often, Carl Pohlad and company let these guys rot in the farm system, bring them up too early, or if they actually turn into something, they either flat out let them go via FA or they trade them for more prospects.

MLB ERA
    Anyway, back to Radke. He's fairly solid, but he's no star, and to make 12M a season and not even get more than 15 wins in a season but 1 time in his entire career sucks.

Then again, because of shitbags like Steinbrenner and whoever the hell owns the Red Sox have really ****ed it up for the little guys and there way way way way too many players getting paid way way way too much $$$

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There have been free agents such as A.J. Burnett and B.J. Ryan that would've been attractive to the Twins, but those two wanted #1 starter and closer money, respectively. That leaves the other teams with middling guys like Carl Pavano that even Steinbrenner would overpay for.