Thread: 5/4/05: Indians/Twins

AA ERA

5/4/05: Indians/Twins

Twins play the second-game of a three-game series tonight against the hated Indians. Indians won thanks to an offensive outburst in the first two innings of the game.

Carlos will be on the hill for the Twins tonight. He had a okay outing in his last start. He stunk it up early against the Angels, but got help by the DPs and he was able to do well in the sixth and seventh. He has to do a lot better against another good hitting team in the Indians. It seems Carlos tends to have problems against power-hitting teams like the Sux and the Yankees.

This is a game the Twins need to win here. They can't fall futher behind in the standings and have the Indians and Tigers catch up to us. With She-ca-go likely sweeping KC, Twins gotta hold serve.

Milwood vs. Silva

AA ERA
    DG's hubby gets the bragging rights and he is going to be smug. For those who don't know, her husband is an Indians fan. I am sure the poor soul will have to put up with it even though it won't be easy.

This was a very dissapointing loss. I get very angry when I see the Twins lose to the Whiney Sux and to the Cartoons. This is a game the Twins should have won. They should have scored more than 4 runs when they had the bases loaded twice and the fact they had runners in the corners. The ninth inning really peeved me off. My god the Twins had the bases loaded against Wickman for the second straight night and the Twins did not drove them home. That really galls at me. Yeah the Twins got some big hits and I understand that the Twins can't be perfect, but geez. I really thought the offense would have gotten into a groove last week, but we are back to the same old thing. I am so tired of this crap.

Carlos was alright. He got hit a lot tonight against the Tribe. He got by with the double play like he did in his last start. Indians found a way to tie the game through the HRs.

J.C. gave up a GW HR. What else is new? I wish he would be released. I don't care for this guy and I am just tired of him.

Watching Justin hit HRs is something else. He did it again and he hit in his favorite spot.

This loss is devestating and now the Indians are right by the Twins again. Twins have yet to win in May. They gotta get it together soon. They gotta start hitting. If they start hitting, they will win games. If not, well the Twins could be contending for fourth place.

Rookie ERA
    Steak, SMUG doesn't even describe it! If we don't win today I may have to find a hotel room somewhere! If we don't win I know he'll buy me a broom - that's how we are in our house with Twins/Indians games. Not to say I wouldn't do the same in his spot though!!!

What is up with JC???? He can look brilliant for two batters and then fall apart. Why have we had to use him the last two nights? Don't we have other relief pitchers???

Ick, I'm so upset with the loaded bases thing too. I had hoped that Lew's hit in the ninth would have eyes to find the hole but nope!

Oh well, Brad's pitching today. Let's hope he has another stellar outing and our bats wake up.

I'm going to the Twins/Devil Rays games on Saturday and Sunday. Of course I can't go on Friday and Johan's pitching! Just my luck. We haven't been too successful at Tropicana but I'm going just the same......Hubby just called. He got me two tickets to Friday too. I'm going to see Johan pitch!!!

Well, Let's Go Twins!!!!!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Heck i am back. To hard to stay away. Just was not happy because I was not even asked. Lynch still has said nothing about it. But steak again wtg 2 time as a mod.

Anyways: Twins up 6-0 bottome of 7. omg Radke has a 1 hitter through 7 innings. Only tossed 87 pitches so far, he may get the change to complete the game! But with gardy he may pull him. Nice to see him do well and prevent the sweep. Lecroy and Bartlett homered..

Lecroy should be our dh. He is the only one I see so far who at least can hit the ball. I will say it again the loss of Rincon for 10 days is hurting us. I would have pulled Silva in the 7th of last night game. He went to long and gave up the extra run. If Rincon was there Gardy would have went to the pen earlier. And we may have one the game.

Hitting the past 2 games ve the indains have been terrible, When you load the base and cant get a run in 2 inning of filling the bases that is not good. Hunter has been awful. NIce error he had today! Tiffee is called up, hope he will help us.

That is all for now.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Game update. Twins score 3 more in the 7th. 9-0 Twins. Brad starting the 8th!

inning summary:

- M. Cuddyer grounded out to shortstop
    - M. Redmond grounded out to second
    - L. Rivas walked
    - L. Rivas to second on wild pitch
    - S. Stewart hit by pitch
    - J. Bartlett singled to left, L. Rivas scored, S. Stewart to second
    - L. Ford doubled to center, S. Stewart and J. Bartlett scored
    - M. LeCroy struck out swinging
    - End of Inning (3 Runs, 2 Hits, 0 Errors)
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Thanks for the news, mntwinsfan. We need this game today and we needed to hit today. Twins may have acheived the two objectives this afternoon.

Oh and it's nice to beat up the gangsta in C.C. Sabathia

AA ERA
    DG: Jesse should have pitched yesterday in that spot. This is where Juan could have been useful. It's bad enough J.C. stinks in pressure situations, but when he has to pitch in a tie game, that's even worse. I have more faith in Terry Mullholland in a tie game than say J.C. in a tight spot.

Patrick Reusse really went at it with the Twins in the Star-Tribune today. He called them out for lack of executing on offense in the column. He is so right on that. When you are batting .135 with the bases loaded, you ain't winning games at all.