Thread: Torii Hunter should never be taken for granted

AA ERA

Torii Hunter should never be taken for granted

With him receiving his fourth Gold Glove in a row Saturday night, I can't help but think how thankful I am to have a guy like that on my team. What he is doing is something special. Yeah his great catches has become ho-hum, but nevertheless this guy is a very darn good fielder. One of the best fielders I ever watch in baseball and maybe the best fielder I ever watched. That guy has a great read of where the ball is heading. That is a must if you want to be a great fielder. The one thing I love about Torii is that he sacrifice his body just to make a great catch. He is willing to get hurt just to get an out as you saw last year against the YAnkees at the Dome. I got lot of respect for guys who are willing to go an extra mile to make these catches.

Torii has provided so many memories with his highlight catches. I recalled two years ago when he made a diving catch as he fell on the Metrodome turf to get the final out of the game against the A's when Guardado was pitching for the Twins at the time. Last year, he made went to the wall at the Dome to try to rob Sheffield of a hit. He was not successful, but nevertheless, that was an awesome attempt.

His catches may be ho-hum, but I hope no Twins fans never take his work for granted. Appreciate them and treasure them. Be thankful he is on our team because there won't be another defensive player like him. Yes, the Twins work their players to death on defense, but you gotta have players that have a great IQ on defense and Torii is one of them.

Rookie ERA
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!! Torii is the best and we are very, very lucky to have him in our organization.

He is all about team first and that is what I admire most about him. Yes, he puts his body out there no matter what to catch the ball but he's doing it for the team! I like that!!!!