Thread: Twins to battle the division leading Tigers

MLB ERA

Twins Twins to battle the division leading Tigers

Twins come back home to host the AL leading Detroit Tigers. If they were ever going to hit the Tigers while the Twins were in stride, this is the time to do it. Check the pitching matchups. Our two biggest guns on the mound and our veteran homerun thrower.

• Fri, Jul 28 - F. Liriano vs. Z. Miner
    • Sat, Jul 29 - B. Radke vs. N. Robertson
    • Sun, Jul 30 - J. Santana vs. J. Bonderman

First pitch is Friday night at 7pm

MLB ERA
    The Twins lost a heartbreaker last night in 10 innings to the Tigers. Unfortunately, Liriano gave up two quick runs in the first inning and the Twins ended up playing catchup against one of the better pitching staffs in the AL. Aside from that rough first inning, Liriano was ****ing brilliant. He gave up two hits and a walk in the first inning then settled down to give up only one more hit in the next 7 and fanning 12 batters. This is the fourth time this year that Frankie Liriano has had double-digit K's in a game.

Unfortunately, Rincon got rocked in the 10th inning, giving up 3 hits to what proved to be the undoing in another outstanding pitching performance by Liriano. THe Detroit staff pitched a hell of a game themselves only allowing 6 hits to the Twins.

Twins lose the opener 2-3 in 10 innings.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Should be a good game tonight. What has anyone heard on Soriano becoming a Twin? Garza I saw is the main piece the Nationals want. Should we do this? We still have alot of talent pitching wise on the farm.

Would make a huge difference in the standings. Also we could move Hunter if Soriano is a Twin.

Any thoughts on this?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    A year ago, I was kind of stoked on the idea of Soriano coming here. I'm less so this year. Right now, after seeing how the team has been playing, through injuries to normal starters and the like, I'm less apt to consider making a movie just for the sake of making a move.

If the Twins were in first and lacked the power that they had in the past however many years in the middle 1/3 of the lineup, I'd say yes. This year, the power and percentages are better than they have been for years. I'm not sure I'd want to mix that up by bringing in another guy when the chemestry and team-play has been pretty damn good the past 6-7 weeks.

MLB ERA
    Game two was a rough one to watch. Radke got shelled right off the bat and Lohser didn't do any better. The Twins were playing catchup all night and every time they got close, the Tigers just answered back. It was a fun game to watch and I'm glad I got to see it, but it was rough as well because our pitchers just kept getting shalacked and beat up. Every time we'd get guys on base, the Tigers staff would shutdown the tying or go-ahead run at the plate.

MLB ERA
    Game three wasn't any better until the end. Santana got kind of rocked and had an awful outting (for him), giving up 3 runs and 9 hits in 5 innings, only fanning 2 of the Tigers (all sub-par stats for Johan). Bonderman pitched a good game today for the Tigers up until the 8th where he blew it bigtime, giving up 6 runs in the bottom of the 8th allowing the Twins to win 6-4

Rough series for the Twins who win 1 of 3. Santana doesn't get the win, Liriano pitches a great game, but loses in a heartbreaker in game 1 and Radke got shelled in game 2.

Next up: Texas Rangers come to town for a 3 game series. Silva, Baker and Liriano are the guys slotted to pitch.