( This is a couple days old now, but I was offline for 2 days with my son's birthday )

Twins swept another series by taking 4 straight from the Devil Rays earlier this week.

Game 1: Scott Baker pitched 6 pretty solid innings in the first win of the series, giving up 8 hits and 3 runs (all three runs were given up on 2 HRs) and 6 SO's. Twins had a big 4th inning scoring 4 runs and added two more in the 8th to give the Twins a 6-3 win. The big dogs at the plate would be the M&M boys, Mauer and Morneau. Mauer goes 2-3 with 2 runs and a walk while Morneau goes 3-4 with 2 RBIs, raising his season BA to .310

The other semi surprise was Rondell White, who can't even bat his weight this season, but managed to get 1 hit but picked up 3 RBIs. Also, Nathan picks up his 17th save of the year.

Twins win 6-3

Game 2: Liriano pitches an absolutely incredible game going 8-2/3 innings giving up only 3 hits and throwing out 7 batters. As DK pointed out in another thread, if not for Gardenweasle's incredible insight to put in Tiffee at first base (who promptly gave up an error which allowed a run), Liranio would have thrown a CGSHO. So Lohse got pitch to one batter (striking him out). Liriano was lights out and the Twins bats were hot, picking up 8 runs.

Hot at the plate: Mauer went 2-4 picking up 2 RBIs, Morneau went 1-3 but made the one count by knocking out his 25th longball of the year. Rondell even went 2-3 raising his average to .199

Twins win 8-1

Game 3: Since he was making me feel bad in not giving up my predicted 2.0 HRs/game this season, Radke made up for lost time and gave up 2 HRs (one in the 2nd and one in the 6th). Other than that, Radke pitched a pretty damn good game, going 7 innings only giving up 4 hits.

Hot bats: Never thought I'd say this, but the hottest bat of the night goes to Rondell White (how does he get mentioned 3 times in three straight games?!), going 3-4 at the plate including 2 home runs. In my best Harry Carey impression, hooooly cow! Dude raises his BA to .210. Mauer goes 2-4 and Castillo goes 3-5. Punto is also swinging nicely as he also goes 2-4 (season avg now at .322)

Twins win 7-2

Game 4: Santana had one hell of a rough 5th inning where he walked the bases loaded. Luckily he 'escaped' only giving up 2 runs in the inning. The Twins fought back in the bottom of the 5th picking up 4 runs of their own. Santana only lasted 6 innings, but still struck out 7 to add to his major league leading total of 152. Nesheck was lights out in the 7th striking out all 3 batters he faced and Nathan picks up his 18th save striking out 3 of 4 batters in the bottom of the 9th.

Hot bats: Cuddyer, Castillo, Redmond and Tyner all pick up 2 hits.

Twins win 6-4, not only taking the series but sweeping it, outscoring the Devils Rays 27-10