Thread: Mauer not going to KC?

MLB ERA

Twins Mauer not going to KC?

I was wondering why he wasn't in the lineup on Sunday vs the Brewers, but now I see why.

Mauer out with stomach ailment

MINNEAPOLIS -- Opposing pitchers can't seem to find a way to get Joe Mauer out, but there was one thing that finally did sideline the catcher on Sunday -- a stomach virus.

Mauer has been suffering from the effects of what appears to be flu-like symptoms over the past few days, causing him to remain out of the lineup on Sunday.

It's become enough of a concern that the Twins starting catcher stayed behind in Minneapolis on Sunday night as the team headed to Kansas City. Mauer will have some tests run to determine what is causing the problem.

"When I came into the park today, they asked me how I was feeling and usually if I'm feeling terrible, I say I feel good because I want to get in there," Mauer said. "But I had to take myself out today and figure out what it is."

The 23-year-old is expected to join the club for its series with the Royals on Monday morning after going to the hospital to have some X-rays taken.
    "They tell me it's just precautionary since he's had it for three days now," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "They just want to make sure. You're always concerned when you are sending a guy over to get X-rays, but they tell me it's more to make sure it's nothing big."

One concern that the club has is kidney stones. Mauer has suffered from the problem in the past, but this time he feels like the symptoms are different, as it's been stomach pain and sweats that have kept him awake at night.
    Click here to read the rest of the story

MLB ERA
    Hopefully it's just the flu. Would really suck to for him to miss time with something worse