Thread: Twins vs the NL

MLB ERA

Twins Twins vs the NL

Twins are the "hottest team in baseball" right now and we haven't gained a single game on the Detroit Tigers because they are beating the crap out of the NL as well right now.

The Twins have won 18 of their last 20 and really have nothing to show for it, other than a much better record than they did when they started out in June. I think I read that they are 14-2 vs the NL so far this year. Nice, but almost completely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I hate to have false hope on how well they are playing based mostly on who they've played. Aside from sweeping Boston (which was very cool), they really haven't played anyone worth bragging about: Pittsburgh? Houston? Cubs? *shrug*

We'll see what happens. As a team, I still don't have a lot of confidence in them, despite how well they've played the past month. THe highlights come from Santana, Liriano, Mauer and Morneau, all who had a fantastic June.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Twins win 18 of there last 20 and your not happy? Lynch mabe you better jump on the tigers or white suxs bandwagon!! What in the heck do you want from them? Seems to be your bashing the Twins for no reason. THERE are several other playing well. Kubel, castillo even Radke and Silva.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hes more frustrated with the fact they cant gain games on the top 2 teams in the Central. Not upset with the Twins.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Exactly

And also with the fact that all of these wins don't mean shit (well, at least the ones vs the NL). If they had gone 18-2 vs the AL, then there'd be nothing to complain about. Sorry, obviously I don't dig the inter-league play too much, eh?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    again be happy that they are winning games. heck you dont like nl games vs al dont watch.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I still think they should mix up teams vs other teams not just divison vs divison.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)