Thread: 4/26/05: Twins/Royals

AA ERA

4/26/05: Twins/Royals

After a forgettable experience in Detroit this weekend where the games was snowed out and when the Twins got swept basically, Twins will try to get themselves on track against the lousy Royals in KC tonight for a three-game series.

KC is going through lot of tough times and watching them last week, you can tell that Royals team is lousy. There is no reason why they should lose two of three to those guys. Let's hope this springboards us back to the top and let's hope the Whiney Sux can get some losses going.

I know Johan's streak has been something and he will eventually has to lose, but I hope tonight is the night. We really need a pick-me-up from him today. Let's hope he gets it done.

Tonight is a rematch of both pitchers in the mound as Lima and Cytana faced each other last week at the Dome.

Cy-tana vs. Lima

AA ERA
    That was a very good win. Twins needed this one badly. They can not start falling apart with the Sux winning every day. I am glad Johan and the Nathanator came through. Those two were fantastic.

Twins offense was not as good. Yeah they got the big hit, but they are still having problems scoring with runners on the base. I don't know what it is and I am getting tired of it. They gotta do better than this offensively. It was nice to see Lew come through at least. With that said, they clearly have to do better than this with runners in scoring position.

Justin Morneau has been a godsend. He has looked great since coming back on the DL. He is right now the guy coming from his white horse to save that lackdasicial offense.

Johan was great. What can I tell you? He was a lot better than he was in his last start. He was throwing strikes and working fast. His counterpart, Jose Lima did a very good job too despite the fact the Twins bailed him out in the first inning. It was really fun to see Johan and Lima pitch out there tonight.

The Nathanator was something else. He is everything that J.C. wishes to be. Joe was cranking it up and throwing strikes out there. He was just fantastic. He was so huge tonight.

It's so good to see the Twins win and it's even awesome that the Sux finally lost. I had to admit I have been cranky last week with those punks from She-ca-go winning. I am going to enjoy this day.

To be 4 games out of first is darn good. I will sign up for this. It could be a lot worse. Hopefully, the Twins can start getting it going and the Sux start slowing down a bit.

Rookie ERA
    I see a Sux losing streak in May!!!

Great win for the Twins - made me nervous but they always do. Johan had a better start but he was more focused tonight - his wife had their baby just before he went out to warm up for the last start. No wonder he had a lapse in concentration last outing!

Congrats to Johan and the Twins for pulling this one out. Let's hope it is the first of many wins.

AA ERA
    Twins drive me crazy. I swear I lose hair a lot watching them play. And I thought the Vikings made fans in the Upper Midwest stressful.

Johan had one bad inning in that start against KC last week. Still he pitched good. That's just how very good he is. I was telling A's Baby Girl in the chatroom at this board tonight about how Rich Harden would be a Cy Young favorite had it not been for Johan.