Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

MLB ERA

OT: Random Ramblings Thread

Since this was such a long well viewed and replied to thread before, why not again, right!?

For any of the new folks, OT = Off Topic, so basically anything Non-Twins related that you wanna talk about, drop it here.

AA ERA
    I was doing a lot of thinking on the Suns this afternoon at work. Man that team is so fun to watch. I want to see them go all the way. That team has so many good athletes who can run and play the game. They are so fun to watch. I am hoping for a Phoenix/Miami Final. Can you imagine that Final? Talk about two teams who can run up and down and talk about high scoring. The score would be 120 as your median. If I see a SA/Detroit or SA/Miami, that series could be a bore especially SA/Detroit where your score median would be a 75 and that's if you are lucky. Plus Amare Stoudamire said it best about how basketball Finals should feature two cities that are warm and nice. You can bet lot of writers are pining to cover that Final.

Do the Suns have a shot to go to the Finals? I don't know. They gotta play better defense and can they handle the Spurs style of play where they can make it real dirty and all. At this point, I have to say No. I hope I am wrong. I love watching that team play basketball. It's the way it should be played.

I can't help but gush about their success. That was the first thing I was thinking about last night as I went to bed. The front office has done a very good job drafting the right players, making smart trades, and signing the right FAs like Steve Nash and Quentin Richardson. The Suns and the Spurs have the best personnel in the NBA.

If McHale or the new GM wants to rebuild the Timberwolves, they should look at the Suns model of success and how they did it. Suns took some lumps of losing and they did their HW. Now you can see the fruit of their labor.

Timberwolves really need to hit a HR with their draft pick this season if they ever want to model the Suns success.

AA ERA
    God I hate Illinois. I am ready to accept the fact that they will win it all come Monday night. As a Gophers fan, this stinks.

MLB ERA
    WHy would it stink as a Gopher fan!? While I'm not exactly rooting for them, if they win, that's pretty cool. It means another Big 10 team won the National Title. I'd rather see that than some Pac10 team or another ACC team do it.

Personally, I picked UNC vs Illinois for the national title with UNC winning it. Not necessarily what I wanted, but it -is- what I figured would happen. Even so, if UNC wins it, I'll still only get 2nd place in my tourney pool since I got screwed really hard in the Albequerque bracket.

AA ERA
    I just hate She-ca-go sports teams. I hate the Whiney Sux, Blackhawks, Bulls, the Bears, and Illinois. Their fans are pain in the rear end.

I don't hate the players or coaches. I think they are good guys. It's just the fans.

I had no idea why would anyone support their fellow conference team especially if they are rivals. I know this guy who is a Gophers fan who was actually rooting for the Badgers against UNC the other day. I couldn't believe it. Bad enough that he is rooting for a rival, but he is rooting for WISCONSIN.

Pac-10 teams are awesome. Love watching em. Don't care for the ACC or the SEC though.

I think Illinois wins tommorow. Illinois is not going to be denied at a championship.

AA ERA
    Good W by the Timberwolves this afternoon at Sac-town as they beat the Kings.

KG was fantastic as always against the Kings. It was good to see everyone play well. Where was that all year? It's good to see everyone producing and sharing the ball. I wish they discovered that in January. I just hope we can somehow make the playoffs with 8 games to go. They gotta run the table and it's going to be tough. One more loss and it's probably going golftime in the spring.

Lynch: Who would you love as a head coach next year for the Timberwolves? I am hoping it's Silas or Adelman.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I was doing a lot of thinking on the Suns this afternoon at work. Man that team is so fun to watch. I want to see them go all the way. That team has so many good athletes who can run and play the game. They are so fun to watch. I am hoping for a Phoenix/Miami Final. Can you imagine that Final? Talk about two teams who can run up and down and talk about high scoring. The score would be 120 as your median. If I see a SA/Detroit or SA/Miami, that series could be a bore especially SA/Detroit where your score median would be a 75 and that's if you are lucky. Plus Amare Stoudamire said it best about how basketball Finals should feature two cities that are warm and nice. You can bet lot of writers are pining to cover that Final.

Do the Suns have a shot to go to the Finals? I don't know. They gotta play better defense and can they handle the Spurs style of play where they can make it real dirty and all. At this point, I have to say No. I hope I am wrong. I love watching that team play basketball. It's the way it should be played.

I can't help but gush about their success. That was the first thing I was thinking about last night as I went to bed. The front office has done a very good job drafting the right players, making smart trades, and signing the right FAs like Steve Nash and Quentin Richardson. The Suns and the Spurs have the best personnel in the NBA.

If McHale or the new GM wants to rebuild the Timberwolves, they should look at the Suns model of success and how they did it. Suns took some lumps of losing and they did their HW. Now you can see the fruit of their labor.

Timberwolves really need to hit a HR with their draft pick this season if they ever want to model the Suns success.

Ohhh, how I would love to have the suns in the championship, it's really too bad for me, I remember nothing about the 1993 Run the suns had. The day of KJ and Charles.

AA ERA
    Cardinal Optimist: I think the Suns are going to the Western Conference Finals. I still have my doubts though because of their lack of defense. When another team scores 100 points, that may not be a good thing. However, the Suns are so potent offensively. They are high-powered. Amare is a beast. Steve Nash (what a signing by the Suns in the offseason) is a scorer and a passer which is very unique of a PG. He is the best PG in basketball right now. It used to be Kidd, but he can't shoot. Suns got shooters who can flat-out shoot in Jimmy Jackson, Quentin Richardson, and Joe Johnson (Suns need to find a way to sign him this summer). If the Suns can play decent defense, that could be enough with the offense.

Now if Duncan is hurting and if he is not 100 percent, Suns has to be the favorite out West over S.A. Another team that should scare Phoenix is Miami, Detroit, and Dallas. Dallas is pretty good too.

It's been a great year one way or another. Suns front office did a darn good job building that team these last few years. As a Timberwolves fan, I am very envious. Mike D'Antoni is a darn good coach.

I hope you and Suns fans are enjoying it over there in Arizona.

I can only dream that the Wolves will have those type of players.

One last thing. Robert Sarver, Suns new owner, needs to calm down. He shouldn't resort to chanting "Varsity" at Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. Reading the papers nationally, writers are criticizing Sarver's antics.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Lynch: Who would you love as a head coach next year for the Timberwolves? I am hoping it's Silas or Adelman.
    Honestly, I haven't given it a lot of thought. If I were to guess right now, I may as well be pulling names out of a hat because I really don't know.

Maybe they'll get rid of some of the crappy attitudes on the Wolves and then bring Flip back!

AA ERA
    Lynch: I got a source who tells me that McHale is going to resign as GM and coach after this season. It looks like he will be out of here. I think it's time. It's time for a fresh face. It's time for a GM who knows what he is doing out there. I have been a McHale critic for quite sometime.

Latrell is going to be out of here since he is a FA. I hope the Timberwolves can trade Wally, Sammy, and Troy Hudson this offseason. Wally needs a fresh start and I like to see them get rid of his inflatous salary. Sammy is a pain in the rearend and he at least has value for other teams. Troy stinks and his long-term contract is going to hurt us. If some team wants Olowokandi, I hope the Wolves just give it to them. Michael has played well under McHale so a team might take a chance.

I would love to get Jason Kidd, but the Timberwolves have nothing to offer and it would be dumb to go trade our draft pick for him. Kidd had surgery in his legs and he has looked old this year. I rather draft Deron Williams at the point.

I want Paul Silas because what the Timberwolves need is an ass-kicker and a taskmaster. We need a disciplinarian and Silas provide that. Adelman would be great too. There is no excuse not to get a name coach considering KG is an attraction for any coaching candidates.

AA ERA
    It figures I am photocopying a journal about steroids today at work. I just photocopied a journal concerning steroids and it's a hot topic now with baseball players and now football players getting caught.

AA ERA
    Nuggets/Timberwolves tonight at Target Center.

If the Wolves lose this one, this season is finished in my opinion.

MLB ERA
    The season is over, regardless of a win or a loss tonight. No way do the Wolves make the playoffs and even if somehow this undeserving club -did- make it in, they are out in 3 games in the playoffs, 4 tops.

Late start for the Wolves tonight. 8:30 CT if I'm not mistaken. Nationally televised game. Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope the Wolves take the Nuggets behind the woodshed, but I won't hold my breath.

AA ERA
    Lynch: I agree with you. This season is basically over. Not many games are remaining not to mention that Denver and Memphis does not lose. Denver basically secured themselves a playoff spot. Sid mentioned that Memphis got a tough schedule in the Strib today, but could you see Mike Fratello let his team lose to teams in his division. I don't think so. Memphis will win their share of games. Timberwolves are doing their job. Unfortunately for them, Memphis and Denver keep winning. Oh well. Don't feel for them. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs. They got what they deserved this year for not playing hard and for not adhering to Flip's game plan as Flip got fired in the process.

Timberwolves are playing pretty good so far against the Nuggets in the second quarter.

AA ERA
    Well I think this season is over for the Timberwolves. After last night's game, it dawned on me. To be 4 games out with few games remaining is not very good. This was a game the Timberwolves could not afford to lose, but they did anyway. That was really bad. I was stunned and frozen for 20 minutes. It really dawned on me this this season is about to be overand I think the players know it too if you saw them heading to the locker room after the game. One of the PR men looked sad as KG tried to cheer him up. You could sense a pin dropping as the game was over.

It was a great fourth quarter. Sammy did all he could have done to give the Wolves the lead or tie, but it wasn't enough for tonight. Denver made the plays. Give the Nuggets credit. They found a way to get it done and everytime they needed a layup or a shot, they got it. Denver was very aggressive as they attacked the rim a lot tonight. Denver deserved this win.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast