Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

AA ERA
    Welcome, Morneau.

Thanks for coming. Everyone has switched over hence why no one is posting at the other board.

Here is hoping Retro will come soon.

I hope you are doing well.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Morneau_27
    I'm here boys. On themlbforum, when i got a PM the box never came poped up so i never checked. I kept visiting that forum to see whats going on and it was dead. I didn't know what happened. Then i saw today i had a PM from steak about this site and i jumped over as fast as i could. Did everyone switch over???

Anyways, i'm here now. Sorry for making the switch so late.
    Glad to have another lost soul saved. Welcome home.

AA ERA
    Latroy Hawkins goes bye-bye in Chicago as the Cubs traded him to the Giants. Latroy was a complete dissapointment in his two years in Chicago. His time in his hometown was miserable to say the least. Sometimes you can never go home. Glad the Twins did not overpay him to stay. I never was a fan of his. He did good under Rick Anderson, but after he left Rick, Latroy became the pitcher we grown to love which is imploding under pressure. I like to say I feel bad for him, but I don't after he badmouthed the Twins on his way out the door. This is the organization who gave him millions of chances and for their reward, the Twins get savaged by him. Screw him. Good to see him get his.

AA ERA
    Lynch: What do you think of Larry Brown taking the Cavaliers job as president of basketball operations? That's a interesting move. I am not sure if Brown is going to be great in that role. He is more better off as a head coach. I don't see him lasting. I think he will stay there for one year and then he will go elsewhere to coach. I think the Cavs could do better than get Larry Brown. As great as a coach he is, it's little risky to hire him as president of basketball operations considering you never know what he will do. I expect him to coach in some city in 2006-2007 season.

AA ERA
    Doogie mentioned that on his gossip column. I was so ecstatic to hear this.
    I am not a Carlesimo fan. I think the Timberwolves can do a lot better than him. I just don't think he is a great NBA coach. Let some other team take the risk of hiring him. I think we can do better. If McHale wants to hire an assistant coach that he can control, let him hire Spurs assistant coach Mike Budenholzer (Popovich's right hand man) or Suns assistant coach Marc Ivaroni. Those two are up and coming coaches who should be head coaches.

KG wants Paul Silas as the head coach. That had me smiling since I want Silas as the Timberwolves head coach. I don't give a crap how bad Silas interviewed. Silas work speak for itself. Yeah he got fired, but so what. Every NBA good coach gets fired nowadays unless he is Larry Brown or Phil Jackson. Heck Rick Carlisle got fired from the Pistons and he is one of the best coaches in the NBA. So Silas being fired from other teams should not scare Taylor and McHale off. Besides Silas has proven himself. It's not like he is some assistant coach that needs to interview to prove himself. I am all for bringing Silas here. Silas will provide discipline and organization that this team need. It boggles my mind that Taylor and McHale can't seem to understand that. I am pretty sure they may be scared off paying Silas big money considering they owe Flip a lot of money. Still, they should find a way to work out a contract with Silas.

Nate McMillan should also get an interview though I think Seattle is ready to re-sign him. Of course, Nate can refuse the offer.

I am glad KG spoke out on this.

http://www.kfan.com/otherside/doogiesdirt.html

AA ERA
    George Mikan passed away as he died of diabetes and kidney failure yesterday.

I never saw the man play unfortunately, but I did get to see the highlights of his work from ESPN Classics and NBATV's Hardwood Classics. He changed the way the game of basketball was played.

Kevin Garnett may be the face of Minnesota basketball, but before KG, it was George Mikan that was the face of Minnesota basketball. When you think of Minneapolis Lakers, you think of George Mikan for his performance. Mikan always entertained the fans during the winters in Minnesota with his play and for how he led the Lakers to wins. He is definitely one of the top ten players in the history of the sport for sure. Verne Mickelson said it best about how George was Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johnson rolled into one. Such praise. You have to be real special to be mentioned in the same breath as those three and that's what George was.

I am very lucky to watch guys like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Lebron James, KG, Dwayne Wade, Tim Duncan, and Shaq since being a basketball fan. I only wish I got to see George played.

Here is some articles about George Mikan in today's Star-Tribune:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5436266.html

There are links of stories about George as you click that link along with Patrick Reusse's column about George.

On another note, huge props to Shaquille O'Neal for taking the time to reflect on George along with paying for George's funeral. Shaq has had a great relationship with George Mikan when Shaq was with the Lakers from what I hear so I am glad Shaq is helping out. It just shows you what a class act Shaquille O'Neal is.

It's been really a tough year for MN sports with Bob Casey, the famous Twins PA announcers, passing away and now George.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins

Hey Steak, looks like your Twins start a series tonight with the AZ team. Hope yer boys kick some snake tail.

Go T-wins!!!
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    rdr: I will be home around 11:30 p.m. eastern. I am working right now. If you want to do a game thread with me this week with the Twins in Phx, I will be more than happy to chat with you at this board.

MLB ERA

Twins

Steak dude, you missed a great game, lots of action and excitement and up and down scores. Twins pulled it off 9-8. Now my Pads gotta win too.....
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Did I mention I love to watch the Twins play ball?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Good to see the win last night. What happened to Rincon? He gave up 3 runs and still got the win? What is the injury status to Mauer? I have not heard anything I just saw that he has not been in the lineup.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    mntwinsfan: Mauer played last night so he is not hurt.

Even Justin played.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I've ever had Carlos Silva on any of my fantasy teams until I saw he only had 3 walks!

MLB ERA

Twins

Hey Steak, your T-wins are playing one of your favorite teams tonight..... ....yikes. Once again, I'll be routing for your T-wins for the win...WHOO HOOO.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Steak is a bandwagon Dodger fan?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast