Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Right now, I am praying that we win the lottery even though Atlanta and New Orleans probably has the inside track. If the Wolves can a pick from 1 to 5, I will be happy as a clam.
    THe only way the Wolves pick higher than like 13th is if we are one of the pingpong balls (1 through 3), otherwise, we are at the bottom of the lottery, whihc really isn't a lottery anymore.

AA ERA
    Packers got a steal getting Aaron Rodgers IMO. He may not be Favre and God knows there won't be a QB like Favre, but he will be good enough to win games.

I am sure egoc will find a way to be optimistic.

As for Williams, I feel he would be better a go-to-guy than Nate Burelson.

Who do you like to go all the way in the NBA playoffs? I am going with the Spurs. 1 bad game will not deter me from changing my mind. I gotta say though that I am not into the playoffs with the Wolves not being there.

MLB ERA
    Egoc isn't happy with Rogers just as most of those dopes aren't. Can't say I blame them. Rogers is overrated if ya ask me. THe pack needed help on Defense and they took waaaaaaaaaaay too many offensive guys.

If I was a fan I'd be pissed, but since I can't stand that damn team, I'm tickled pink. A+ for the Pack!

MLB ERA
    NBA playoffs? Huh, wuh!? Didn't know they were having playoffs this year.

AA ERA
    I just read egoc's thoughts. I am really shocked that he was upset. I thought he would come up with his silver lining B.S.

This is Brett's last year so I think Ted Thompson wanted his QB of the future. I am sure he did not bank on getting Rodgers at all, but when the opportunity came to get him, he got him.

As for the playoffs, it started last night. Needless to say, I was bored. I was watching the Kings/Sonics game last night and Grizz/Suns game tonight. I fell asleep watching it. Wake me up when the Conference Finals start. The first rounders are doozies.

I just hope S.A. does not win it all. I want to see a new team win like Phx or Miami.

AA ERA
    I am very annoyed that Kevin McHale will be back. In fact, I am ticked off about this. He should be fired for the some of the garbage he has done as a GM over the years. WTF has he done to even be back as a GM? Yeah he made some good moves last year and he drafted KG, but you trust him to run this team for the future. I sure don't.
    Man I am really angry about this news. I was so angry that I threw a paper cup and then yelled out a huge expletive at the office tonight. Several students was so scared that they had to console me and all. That's how angry I was. I really freaked out tonight.

You wanna know why McHale is back? Here is why. Glen Taylor is too scared to hire an up-and-coming GM to run the basketball operations. Reusse mentioned that in the paper last week. In fact, Taylor never hired a GM in his life. McHale was the assistant GM to Jack McCloskey years ago so it was easy for Taylor to promote him rather than hire the guy. Taylor is too lazy and too scared to hire someone new. He is banking everything on McHale. How about taking a risk? How about trying out a guy who has had success with a team like the Spurs or the Suns? How about we try out a guy who knows how to make trades? How about we go get a guy who breathes basketball? McHale is not that type of guy.

I hear Jerry Schiting may be the head coach next year. That would be a disaster. I like Jerry and he has a great work ethic, but he is not the guy to run our team at this point. What we need is an experienced coach that players will respect. You can forget Phil Jackson and Larry Brown coming to Minnesota because they would want full power and McHale is not going to put up with it. Let's pray Silas finds a way to come here or some legitimate coach that players will play for. Since the franchise is too scared to take a risk, let's bring Flip Saunders back.

Man we are screwed. I hate to say it, but I don't trust McHale. I hope he proves me wrong. I really do. McHale has lot of work to do. I just hope that he gets the right coach and the right draft pick. We better win the lottery because I have zero faith that McHale will do well if we get the 14th pick.

As for Glen, I am so dissapointed in him. I really am. Maybe he ought to sell the team because I have a problem with owners who are too scared to take a risk. I guess Taylor accepts mediocority.

Kevin McHale should have done the right thing and quit.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ill just agree with Steak on McHale. it saves me space lol

The M's Thread went insane today for the game.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    I went to my cousin's confirmation this evening at his church in NYC. I noticed the candidates were so tense so I try to liven them up by talking baseball with some kids. I talked about some baseball players and then when I mention Johan Santana with them, they were beaming and smiling. It's good to see kids noticing Johan's success even though they don't get to see his games. They were just raving about him and all.
    I know lot of kids at my cousin's town are from Venezeula so I guess they were able to identify with their guy since he is one of theirs.

It felt good talking about Johan with them.

AA ERA
    I read a blurb in the Strib today that there is a rumor floating that the Timberwolves may trade Cassell for Jason Williams (White Chocolate). I know McHale has been intrested in Williams talent for years since he was a rookie, but I am dead set against this trade proposal. Jason Williams stinks. He does not play defense and he has regressed as a point guard. He is not that great anymore and he is a cancer to the coaches that he played for. No thanks.

Let's not trade Cassell for the sake of trading him because of what Taylor said about how he and Spree were failed experiments. If Cassell has to sulk, let him sulk in his final year here. Let's not get garbage like Jason Williams in return for him. I think Cassell is going to be motivated to play for his contract this coming season so I doubt he will tank it at all. He is going to want a job in the NBA after next year so I rather keep him and go with it.

AA ERA
    I wrote my piece on the AL Central if anyone is interested. It's a great read.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/show...3643#post23643

AA ERA
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5391388.html

Here's an article on prospective Vikings owner Zygmund Wilf. He will likely be the lead owner of the Vikings as Reggie is now the minority owner. He is the New Jersey land developer who is trying to build a stadium in Anoka County.

I hope the sale is approved one way or another.

AA ERA
    To quote patriot, WHAT IN THE MCHALE IS GOING ON? What the hell is this? McHale's coaching candidates are P.J. Carlesimo, Dave Cowens, Lionel Hollins, Tom Thibodeau, Jerry Schiting, and Randy Wittman? You want to know what those guys have in common? They are all losers and they won't bring the sizzle at the Target Center. Those guys are not going to wake up the fans. The Timberwolves need a big name head coach to get the fans fired up. Guys like Silas, Musselman, Adelman (if he is available), or even Del Harris are available. Why is McHale not taking these guys seriously? You know why? McHale is scared to hire these guys because he knows they won't take his crap. These guys will want to have a powerful influence to not only him, but the owner. McHale wants a young assistant or a no-name coach where he can control them. That's pretty pathetic and selfish. I want the right guy to lead the team. I want leadership. I want a guy who knows what he is doing. I want a guy who won't be scared to get into players face. This is not about who McHale should control. This is about finding the right coach to lead the Timberwolves back to championship status not what McHale wants.

This just shows how insecure and how inept McHale is. Then you wonder why I hate McHale. You know what McHale does? I bet he play video games at work and fool around at work rather than do scouting.

I think I am better choice than what McHale's candidates have to offer.

McHale should get his head up his rump and start talking contract with Paul Silas.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    To quote patriot, WHAT IN THE MCHALE IS GOING ON? What the hell is this? McHale's coaching candidates are P.J. Carlesimo, Dave Cowens, Lionel Hollins, Tom Thibodeau, Jerry Schiting, and Randy Wittman? You want to know what those guys have in common? They are all losers and they won't bring the sizzle at the Target Center. Those guys are not going to wake up the fans. The Timberwolves need a big name head coach to get the fans fired up. Guys like Silas, Musselman, Adelman (if he is available), or even Del Harris are available. Why is McHale not taking these guys seriously? You know why? McHale is scared to hire these guys because he knows they won't take his crap. These guys will want to have a powerful influence to not only him, but the owner. McHale wants a young assistant or a no-name coach where he can control them. That's pretty pathetic and selfish. I want the right guy to lead the team. I want leadership. I want a guy who knows what he is doing. I want a guy who won't be scared to get into players face. This is not about who McHale should control. This is about finding the right coach to lead the Timberwolves back to championship status not what McHale wants.

This just shows how insecure and how inept McHale is. Then you wonder why I hate McHale. You know what McHale does? I bet he play video games at work and fool around at work rather than do scouting.

I think I am better choice than what McHale's candidates have to offer.

McHale should get his head up his rump and start talking contract with Paul Silas.

Youll get my thoughts from the Hot Seat.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    How about Vikings RB Onterrio Smith being caught with a kit that is used to help pass the drug test? What a dope. If this guy is not mature enough to stay away from drugs, then he shouldn't be on any professional sports team. I mean he got suspended last year for drug test and now this. Bad enough you take drugs, but even worse when you get caught with a kit that helps you pass the test.

Unbelivable. You would think he would learn after being suspended for violating the drug policy last year as he missed several games.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Can Onterrio Smith be any more of a baffoon? Hes making money running a damn football. I just dont get it

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast