Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

AA ERA
    Janel McCarville was drafted as the first pick of the draft. She will be heading to Charlotte in the WNBA. Good luck to her in the WNBA.

As for the Timberwolves, they were eliminated from playoff contention. What a year to forget. I will have some thoughts on them Thursday.

MLB ERA
    Pretty cool for Janel. Prior to her, the highest any big ten women's player had been chosen was #4 (last year when teammate Lindsay Wahlen was taken at the #4). Pretty sweet seeing two Lady Gophers being regarded so highly by the WNBA. Good luck to Janel. I'm sure she'll do fine. She's a damn good player and just a monster in the middle. As long as she stays healthy and the WNBA keeps it's head above water, Janel will have a job.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    T-Wolves arent in the playoffs and that irks me...ill have more thoughts on thursday too.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Lynch: One thing I love about Janel is her enthauism and her down-to-earth attitude. She has that smile in her face. She is so pretty and she has millions of hairdos.

I know that b!tch, Diana Tuarasi of the Phoenix Mercury, desperately wanted Janel badly on her team. Unfortuantely, Phoenix got the third pick so they were not getting her. Janel was the best player in the draft. Could you imagine Diana and Janel in the same team? Talk about dynasty in the Valley of the Sun. I had to admit I was hoping it would happen.

Porter: After the year the Timberwolves had, everyone is expendable except for KG. I would keep Mark and Fred too, but that's it. Everyone can go. If McHale is back next year, God bless the Timberwolves. You know what's the scary thing? Glen Taylor may not have a clue who to hire. Taylor was lucky enough that McHale was in the front office in 1994 prior to him buying the team. Taylor got lucky with McHale back then as McHale was just starting.

MLB ERA
    Having a coach split GM duties in the NBA is a recipe for disaster, IMO.

The only coach they should offer that package to would be Phil Jackson.

MLB ERA
    That shouldn't offer that package to anyone, in ANY sport.

MLB ERA
    If you were some cellar dwellar, and a proven big name coach was listening. You bet your ass you package that offer to him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Phil Jackson took over a Lakers team that DIDNT need too much more.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    You won't believe this, but

EBI ACTUALLY PLAYED TONIGHT

That's right. He actually played. OMG! It's about time. I am glad McHale finally played the kid. It was long time coming. It should have happened last week after the loss to Atlanta last week. He had 9 points ,8 boards , a block and a steal. He looked good from what I saw. Obviously, he has lot of work to do especally his defense.

I am just happy he played and I am happy he was productive.

Wally was raving about Ebi in his interview with Lisa B. Olsen in the postgame show tonight.

BTW, how about Charley Walters ripping Sid Hartman for saying that anyone that thinks Ebi will be productive next year is hallucenating. He never mentioned Sid by name, but Sid talked about Ebi being productive for next season in Friday's paper and Charley fired back with that comment in Sunday's paper. It was pretty funny.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They Let Ebi play?!?!?!?! looks outside, yep the sky is still up there.

AA ERA
    This year is mercifully over for the Minnesota Timberwolves. This will be a miserable summer for me. It will be odd watching the playoffs without Kevin Garnett this year. Just watching an ad in the paper featuring all the playoff team jerseys being sold at the NBA store in NYC and not seeing the Timberwolves jersey in that ad really pisses me off. This was embrassing all year. It was a frustrating experience watching this team lose night after night and not playing hard. There were agendas that hurted the team this year and it cost this franchise a very good coach and now possible the GM.

I had high expectations. I thought they were going to win 72 games and the championship. I really did. Unfortunately, things went bad all year. It started with Latrell and Sam Cassell whining about their contracts. That set a bad tone and those two did not play hard for four months. It snowballed from there as they got a darn good coach in Flip Saunders fired in the process.

What went wrong? Age, injuries, lack of chemistry, lack of desire, and complacency hurted the Timberwovles. The players aged this year as you saw Sam and Latrell's legs gave up on them. Losing Sam Cassell for a period of time really hurted the team as you can see. Now Sam is playing well. I have to hope that it's good enough to get him traded so the Timberwolves can have some value for him. Lack of chemistry was evident as some players were not happy with their roles and minutes. I think guys did not want to play hard to start the season. Players thought this would be a piece of cake and that they just had to show up. It didn't turn out that way. It's a shame this type of garbage got Flip Saunders fired. Players did not do their jobs.

Kevin McHale did a good job as a coach. I am very happy with what he did. I wouldn't mind seeing him back as a coach. As a GM though, forget it. I don't want him back as a GM. I think that part he has to move on. I expect McHale to be gone as he will walk away for good. It's for the best for him and this franchise. Wolves went as far as they could with McHale. It's time for a new vision and new ideas. I like to see a GM who knows how to draft, make trades, and build a team. I also like to get a darn good coach.

I think Paul Silas would make a great GM and coach. He knows talent and vision. He knows who will play hard to his image. He is the guy I endorse as a GM and coach.

There has to be lot of changes. They gotta get younger for sure. I am ready to dump Wally, Fred Hoiberg, Sam Cassell, Michael Olowokandi, and everyone. It's time for a change. I think everyone should go.

I will be stunned if Mark and Eddie Griffin is coming next year for the Timberwolves. Griffin hasn't done much to get a very lucrative contract. Let some other team have him.

This offseason is a big offseason for the Timberwolves. Either the new GM and coach will take us to the next level or make us fall back for the next few years.

It was a great run the last few weeks. The guy played hard and did the best they could. They won. Unfortunately, Denver and Memphis kept winning. Those two teams deserve to be in the playoffs.

Timberwolves got what they deserve.

As a Timberwolves fan, I am praying as hell that they win the lottery or get at least the top five pick. I am also hoping last year's draft pick Nudui Ebi get some playing time for the last 5 games of the year.

This will be a very long summer for T-Wolves fans and the organization.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Kevin McHale did a good job as a coach. I am very happy with what he did. I wouldn't mind seeing him back as a coach. As a GM though, forget it. I don't want him back as a GM. I think that part he has to move on. I expect McHale to be gone as he will walk away for good. It's for the best for him and this franchise. Wolves went as far as they could with McHale. It's time for a new vision and new ideas. I like to see a GM who knows how to draft, make trades, and build a team. I also like to get a darn good coach.

I think Paul Silas would make a great GM and coach. He knows talent and vision. He knows who will play hard to his image. He is the guy I endorse as a GM and coach.

There has to be lot of changes. They gotta get younger for sure. I am ready to dump Wally, Fred Hoiberg, Sam Cassell, Michael Olowokandi, and everyone. It's time for a change. I think everyone should go.

I will be stunned if Mark and Eddie Griffin is coming next year for the Timberwolves. Griffin hasn't done much to get a very lucrative contract. Let some other team have him.

This offseason is a big offseason for the Timberwolves. Either the new GM and coach will take us to the next level or make us fall back for the next few years.

It was a great run the last few weeks. The guy played hard and did the best they could. They won. Unfortunately, Denver and Memphis kept winning. Those two teams deserve to be in the playoffs.

Timberwolves got what they deserve.

As a Timberwolves fan, I am praying as hell that they win the lottery or get at least the top five pick. I am also hoping last year's draft pick Nudui Ebi get some playing time for the last 5 games of the year.

This will be a very long summer for T-Wolves fans and the organization.

I think they should go after Rick Sund as the GM, dont give both duties to Silas. McHale did a good job with a disinterested team. But they need to clean house this offseason. get Role guys and a supporting #2 that DOESNT MIND being the #2.

AA ERA
    Right now, I am praying that we win the lottery even though Atlanta and New Orleans probably has the inside track. If the Wolves can a pick from 1 to 5, I will be happy as a clam.

AA ERA
    Lynch: What's your take on the Vikings draft? It looks good overall, but I gotta say I am shocked that the Purple pick Williamson instead of Williams. Williamson's stock has gone up and the Vikings did not want to pass him at all. Not to mention Williams does not have speed. With that said, I hope six years from now we don't rue the day we miss Williams.

MLB ERA
    If nothing else, if all williamson can do is run at blazing speed straight down the field play after play after play, that'll open up the offense to do other things. Williams couldn't do that cuz he doesn't have the speed, at all. I was fine with the entire draft overall and would give the squad a B+ (best in the NFCN).

The pack on the other hand, I couldn't give higher than a C- and more than likely a D+ cuz they took some really fukt up picks. When even the pack fans are saying it's a horrible draft, you know it's not good.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast