Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

Steak went to a different forum. Message me and we will talk about it. Steak was great around here.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA

steak doesn't know squat!
    Nobody wins in a dairy challenge

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Hey now, let's play nice. The only reason I asked is because he posted in this forum a lot a few years ago, I was just wondering what the deal was.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Back to the Twins topic- Just bought a Joe Mauer #7 t-shirt today. I certainly hope I can bring some good luck for the rest of this season.
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Jason Kubel went 4-for-4 with a homer in the Twins' 16-2 rout of the Rays on Friday.

While the rest of the team was putting 16 runs on the board, Joe Crede went 0-for-4 in the Twins' victory Friday.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Looks like Boof Bonser will be released outright...he's been DFA'd.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Gardenhire gets Morneau...

FT. MYERS, Fla. — Canadian ice hockey fans continued to mourn on Monday, a day after their national team fell 5-3 to the United States at the Winter Olympics.
    Among them? Minnesota Twins slugger Justin Morneau(notes), who was raised near Vancouver, played goaltender at the junior hockey level and recently carried the Olympic torch.
    Not yet required to report to Twins camp, Morneau watched the game on TV from his offseason home in Arizona with his wife (a Minnesota native) and friends.
    Twins manager Ron Gardenhire watched the game, too. You betcha, he did.
    "I'm sure that he's devastated right now," said Gardenhire, an American. He was sure about Morneau's mood because he texted him as soon as the game ended.
    Gardenhire guessed that Morneau was flying to Florida on Monday and probably would reach camp by Tuesday.
    "I don't think he flew Air Canada here," Gardenhire said. "He probably flew U.S. Air."
    Gardenhire then whipped out his mobile phone and repeated their correspondence to an interested party.
    Gardenhire: "Sorry, Charlie. What a hockey game."
    Morneau: "(Expletive) me."
    Gardenhire: " Ah, Canada will play for the gold. Don't worry about it."
    Morneau: "This is when it's really hard to be married to an American.'"
    Yikes. Even if the Canadians come back to win gold — a strong national hope before the tournament began — it won't be enough to save Morneau from the peppering he's about to receive from teammates. It probably will make the chops-busting hall of fame.
    "He's catching a lot of heat right now," Gardenhire said. "It's not over with, though."
    Gardenhire implied Morneau talked a lot of smack before the undefeated U.S. upset the Canadians, who have a 2-1 record in the tournament so far.
    "[T]hem bombing, that was good stuff. I loved it. I really loved it," Gardenhire said. "He's taken a lot of grief, but if you talk the smack, then you've got to be able to deliver the other side of it."
    link

MLB ERA

I'm sure Justin is a bit unhappy about the outcome. Lots of his friends in the Twin Cities are hockey fans as well and have likely been burying him with texts.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920