Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, why take a gamble on a free agent who might not do what you want when you have a guy like Santana who the fans love and who's the most dominant SP in all of baseball.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Exactly. He has said he wants to stay with the Twins and they would love to keep him. All it will take is the right contract and he'll stay for a long time.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Again, for the Twins sake, I hope Santana stays as well. But, aren't all athletes brainwashed to say, I would really love to finish my career or stay with (fill-in any team here). I just can't imagine Santana in any other uniform. But the Twins are going to have to come up with some very tall cabbage to keep him in Minnesota! Too many big market teams out there drooling over him, I am sure. I worry about that with the Brewers young talent when they get some experience as well.

Rookie ERA
    I really hope he stays after the '08 season, but after all it is all business. Being a small market team is rather challenging to keep the best pitcher in the league today for few more years.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Re: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

Congrats to Scott Baker being a father for the second time! His wife gave birth to a baby boy Friday night.

MLB ERA

Sounds good to me. Does this mean he'll be in Baltimore for the game tomorrow? If not, Slowey can be brought in just to pitch.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Carlos Gomez = fastest player in baseball. I caught a glimpse of something the other day so I'll share it. I watched a bit of a game vs. the Royals the other day. Gathrait (sp) lead off the game with a bunt for a single. Dude has been widely known as one of the fastest players in baseball. So, not to be shown up, Gomez did the same thing in the bottom of the 1st.

I am telling you what, I have never seen speed like that in my life. SICK!

MLB ERA

Gomez is very very good, but he's got a bunch of competition....comparable speed for Jose Reyes, Gathright, even Carl Crawford, or possibly even Ichiro. But you're right, the kid is pretty damn fast

MLB ERA

From what I've read, Gomez and Reyes had a couple of head-to-head races -- 40 and 60 yards. Gomez won both of them. He has enough speed to be a very disruptive force on the basepaths. It'll be exciting to watch him this summer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What's impressive is that he was tied for the league lead in hits yesterday at this early stage of the season. Some experts didn't even think he would make the team and be sent down to AAA. Gomez has been exciting to watch but don't see the five tools those same experts says he has. 4 out of 5 isn't bad though

MLB ERA

I would settle for Gomez being a "slap" hitter ala Luis Castillo or Christian Guzman. If he can get on base regularly, he could really change the way the other team pitches to the Twins.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I would settle for Gomez being a "slap" hitter ala Luis Castillo or Christian Guzman. If he can get on base regularly, he could really change the way the other team pitches to the Twins.
    I completely agree with you. Remember when the Twins had Rivas/Guzie up the middle? Those guys were fast, slapped the ball around, and were solid fielders. If Gomez could do that and use his speed on the base paths...that could set up the guys in the middle of the order. They need this to happen because only scoring 4 runs a game isn't going to get them many wins. But they're young, they're learning, they're having fun. That's what counts the most.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post
    I completely agree with you. Remember when the Twins had Rivas/Guzie up the middle? Those guys were fast, slapped the ball around, and were solid fielders. If Gomez could do that and use his speed on the base paths...that could set up the guys in the middle of the order. They need this to happen because only scoring 4 runs a game isn't going to get them many wins. But they're young, they're learning, they're having fun. That's what counts the most.

Thing your not thinking about on Gomez is this. He really only drove the ball once on the double vs the Royals. Seems like the Twins or should I say (Gardy) wants Gomez to hit the ball on the ground. I would like to see Gomez hit the ball for power. Heck it took Morneau how long to hit TWO homers? I think the power will come around for the entire team. Monroe of all people needs to start hitting the ball, thats what we signed him for.

Any update to how long Cuddyer is out for? Nice to see Span get a chance at the big leagues. Twins continue to go young. I think by next season this team will be very good. At least we are not the Tigers at 0-6! Who would have expected that to happen?

Go Twins!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

If Span plays the way he did in ST, he might be hard to get out of the lineup when Cuddyer comes back. The Twins will have one of the fastest outfields in the bigs for a while. Young is fast, but Span and Gomez can fly.
    As to Gomez driving the ball, my point is that he needs to concentrate on hitting it hard up the middle, not trying to pull everything and hit the ball in the air. Sort of like Willie Mays Hayes of Major League. If he can get the ball to bounce 3 times in the infield, he beats out the hit every time.
    I would expect Cuddyer to miss about 3 weeks with the finger injury, if there is no damage to the ligaments and tendons in it. He got spiked pretty badly. That's another reason to slide feet first.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Alright, some thread revival time.

Last night at work I read through a bunch of threads in the beginning of the Twins' forum. What happened to guys like Steak, and DiamondGirl? Did they get banned or did they just stop posting. We really need more than just 3 solid Twins fans to frequent this forum. Just wondering if you guys know what's up.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast