Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Boof Bonser

Boof? wtf? says that guy is pitching against the A's on Thursday...I didn't know Boof was a word let alone a name
    Check out the urban dictionary definitions for "Boof".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boof

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Check out the urban dictionary definitions for "Boof".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boof

MLB ERA

Twins

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    http://www.thatlitevideosite.com/video/3284

Gotta love the Twins announcers swearing twice on air.
    That was a big deal a couple weeks back. FOX got fined big time for that, and Blyleven got immediately suspended from work for 2 games, and they added three more after that. Pretty sad to go to such extremes if you ask me. Granted, it's one of those very few words you can't say on TV, but normally they record that segment and replay it back. ON that particular day, they were recording live.

So, shame on Bert for not knowing they were live, but worse yet, shame on the dumbass producer for (a) not making damn sure they knew and for (b) not being on the dump button like he should have been. Even though they normally don't have to worry about dumping, they still have to be aware and ready.

I had heard the audio a few times (bleeped) on the radio, but hadn't seen the clip yet. Thanks

MLB ERA
    Bert surprised me by saying that on the air. He doesn't seem the type to use that sort of language on an everyday basis. My daughter, on the other hand.....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catman
    My daughter, on the other hand.....

MLB ERA
    In an interview with the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Joe Mauer said he lost six pounds after coming down with the flu last week.
    He also said that he's still having some discussions with the Twins about a long-term contract and that he's focused on his legs in offseason workouts. "I've been working a lot with our new strength coach, Perry Castellano, in Florida," he said. "I've done a lot more leg work and conditioning. I feel the best that I've felt physically at this point in my whole career. Perry focuses more on baseball movements instead of trying to go out there and be power lifters. I feel good."

The Twins intend to approach Johan Santana and Joe Nathan about contract extensions once they have their arbitration-eligible players dealt with.
    Both are eligible for free agency after 2008. "I know I have two more years here," Santana said. "I'm willing to work something out to stay with this team and in this city, wearing this uniform because I love this team." He's still going to be a tough sign. Nathan would be easier, but he'd still be very costly for a team dealing with a pretty limited budget. The Twins would likely be better off putting his money into proposals for Santana, Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau.
    Source: RotoWorld

Lost 6lbs because of the flu. I could lose 6lbs just getting up everyday.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    I've had the flu for more than a week now, it's getting really old.

But at the same time, I've lost 15 lbs. 6lbs? Phfttt.

MLB ERA
    I've never had the flu. The closet thing I got to it was a cold, it's the only thing I do get.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    I get flu shots annually (occupational requirement -- I'm a nurse) and have not been sick for several years.
    As to signing Mauer, Morneau, Santana, and Nathan, I think they will sign in that order, with Nathan being the most expendible. Neshek could be the closer if needed.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    I'd really hate to lose Nathan as our closer. Neshak isn't too bad, but I don't have the faith in him than I do when I hear Steel Dragon thundering over the loudspeakers at the Dome

"STAND UP AND SHOUT!"

I think that your signing order is probably correct though.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

personally Santana is my first priority, the best pitcher in basbeall right now, I would want him on any other team and couldn't imagine him on any other team. Not even the Brewers, although it would be nice.

MLB ERA
    Santana is signed through the 2008 season and is likely to require a very complicated contract to come back. My priority would be to sign Mauer to a long-term deal. His signing should send a good signal to the rest of the team, making further re-signings easier.
    This said, I sincerely hope the Polhads open their wallets a bit to bring all of these guys back into the fold. Having a competitive team would be a great way to move into the new stadium.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Were talking Carl "cheap ass" Polad. He never goes out to get the big time free agent! He just sits on his money.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I'm not asking them to go out of the organization for big name free agents, just to keep the players that are already in the organization.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

That should be the goal of any owner. Keep the most valuable, important players that would look goofy in another team's jersey!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast