Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

AA ERA
    I have a feeling that Mad Dog is outta here. I expect other teams to overpay Madsen at this point. I am not sure if the Timberwolves will overpay him to stay since they are cap strap at this point. I hope I am wrong. I want to see Mark here. He has done a good job on the court and he is a good guy in the locker room the way Terry Mullholland is with the Twins. Mark is a leader here. It would behoove the Timberwolves if they lose him. I rather keep him than Griffin, who really did not impress me IMO. I rather divide Griffin's money in which the Wolves could divde the money by signing Jaric and Simmons instead of paying Griffin.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Another mullhold comparison. Steak I know you love the guy but come on now. LOL. Madson play the tough minutes and he gets the fouls and plays a hard nosed game, I hope we can keep him.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    It's a great comparision. Mark talks to the guys and counsels them a lot believe it or not. I had a chance to sit right by Mark at the Nets game and Mark was cheering his teammates on. Mark was talking to almost everyone. Mark made everyone smile. Heck he was the only player that was actually speaking to Ebi. That's similiar to what TM does with the Twins. As patriot said, TM was kept to be a guy that would be a great influence in the clubhouse. That's what Mark is doing. Another thing Mark and Terry are great people. Also, Mark and Terry provide grit and they are in the leagues through hard work. They remind me so much of each other.

AA ERA
    Would someone please tell me why did Glen Taylor go out of his way to retain Jim Stack as GM of the Timberwolves? What the hell did he ever do for the Wolves? Stack did nothing for sure. I am pretty sure Rex Chapman will have a bigger role than Stack. Why did the Timberwolves even wasted their money on this guy is beyond me? He should have been fired the minute he attacked a Little League coach with the bat. Other than being McHale's spokesman, a guy that stab Flip in the back by writing notes about how he conducts practices and shootaround, and the guy that McHale can vent at, he has done nothing.

From what I saw of Stack on TV, it seems that he did not pay much attention to the games or there were times where he was snoozing out there.

Stack should have been gone.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The T-wolves actually have some guy filling the GM position?

With McHale running everything from personnel decisions to babysitting, everyone else in the front office acts as McHale's puppets. Stack sounds awfully like the Empty Golf Shirt that Taylor keeps ripping on.

Rookie ERA
    About time... I have finally stumbled upon this place after a long, long time. How are you guys have been? Just like the old days.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Man, welcome! Glad to see you found us bro!

Rookie ERA
    Thanks.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    How did you finally find us?

Glad to see you back Retro. Been a long time since I've seen that name on the forum.

Rookie ERA
    I took an effort by typing in www.themlbforums.com where we used to post craps on and it contains the word (or url), s3f, so I thought it would be similiar to the one I used to post frequently. Boy, it all happened within 2 or 3 minutes.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    Glad to see you back Retro. Been a long time since I've seen that name on the forum.
    Thanks, glad to see you again as well.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've wondered where you've been! Awesome to see you've found your way back.

Do you think Ryan has an impact deadline move up his sleeve?

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I've wondered where you've been! Awesome to see you've found your way back.

Do you think Ryan has an impact deadline move up his sleeve?
    Hell, yeah it has been a long journey. Hello, you. Again.

Concerning Ryan, I don't think he would do. Randa's gone when needed badly for position at 3B. I guess he's all out of options. Really, I did not get to watch much Twins this season.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    On one hand I really can't blame Ryan for not going for Randa (given his age and contract status) and considering the Reds asking price was supposedly too much for him. Then again, he could of been a big help. Would Randa be worth losing a quality prospect for? Maybe Ryan is looking for a bit more longterm solution if he is going to sacrifice a good prospect.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast