Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

AA ERA
    Great post, MsFan87. I am giving you a rep on that. McCants is a two year player at best. What the Timberwolves need is a player who can be great for 10 years. KG ain't getting younger and his body is getting beaten down and it showed this year as he constantly was limping in games. We need athleticism, guys who can run, play defense, and handle physical play. McCants is not that guy. Most ACC fans don't think much of McCants.

I read papers in every country as I was dying to see any positive of this pick. I got nothing. Aschburner and Barriero painted him as Isiah Rider lite. Jim Souhan hated it. Paul Allen apparently went off on that pick today in the morning.

Timberwolves needed a guard? Okay. They could have went with Julius Hoge or Francisco Garcia. I love Hoge a lot better than McCants just based on upside.

Most draft boards from what I looked at had him as a second-rounder hence why I never mentioned McCants.

McCants not afraid to take the last shot? I heard he delegated a lot to May and Felton in crunch time.

Anyone can replace Spree. You can get a FA out there and replace Spree.

We will see what happens. I don't like the pick, but I hope he does well and prove me wrong. I really want to be wrong in the worse way. Can't wait to see him in the summer league games.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins

Our new head coach like McCants alot. He must know his talent lets just see what happens with him. Did anyone read what Ebi did in a pick up game I will call it. Walked off the court yelling at a player on the way out and took his shit off while still on the gym floor. I think I saw the article in the st paul pioneer press. McCants better be better than Ebi. Ebi to me was a wasted pick. He never even got any action till the last 2 games. He sucks. There is a kid with a terrible attitude.

When or if we get someone via free agency post it.

later all.
    Jason
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I thought Jarett Jack, Warrick, Garcia and Robinson could have been better value than the pick of McCants having seen McCants play on ACCN i mean ESPN. Garcia is a flatout Michael Redd like shooter, if that guy is open just go home its in the bucket have a nice day. Jack was so important to his team that when he was out, they collapsed, the guy can carry a team if he had to and hes a PG. Robinson would have brought the same intensity that KG brings every night. Imagine those two on the same team.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Jack would've been a great pick. He is a flat out leader, but he is still bothered by a few injuries, and that showed at the combine. I think he'll make a solid starting NBA PG.

MLB ERA
    I like to see Taylor go out in the free agent market and pick up the remaining pieces they need to get us the champoinship we should have had by now. If we had a big man then could have shut down Shaq we wouldhave won it all.

I think taylor, Chapman and the new coach need to address the following needs.

1. Center. Someone who can get in the lane cause havoc and get some open space down the lane for KG.
    2. Shooting guard
    3. Most inportant a player of or close to KG skills when kg rests we have someone who can do all the things kg doe's for us.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    mntwinsfan: Ebi is a bust. It was a stupid pick to begin with. To think the Mavericks drafted Josh Howard, who has become a legit player in the NBA, right after the Timberwolves drafted Ebi. I thought Flip and his staff did a lousy job developing Ebi. I thought his teammates treated Ebi like shit. I was at the Timberwolves/Nets game in March and I notice most of his teammates basically gave Ebi a cold shoulder. The only guy that spoke to him was Mark Madsen. That really bothered me. I don't care if Ebi is not playing. Ebi needs someone to talk to him and have someone to teach him about the game and all. Giving Ebi a cold shoulder is not the way to go. I thought Flip, McHale, and the players did a shitty job mentoring Ebi.

As for his final two games, I think this was nothing more than fools gold. Rumor has it McHale told the guys to give Ebi the ball and let him score so he can get confidence and pad his stats. I knew something had to be up when Ebi did well.

I think it's interesting how the Spurs know how to develop players while the Timberwolves failed in that category as guys like Avery, Rasho, Paul Grant, and other have become bust.

As for Ebi, I think he can flat-out play. patriot is a huge fan of his as he cited that he has game. I just think if Ebi can play in the NBDL for awhile and then go to a team that can develop him, then maybe he will be servicable. It's just not going to work out for him in Minnesota. It's best that he and the Wolves part ways as painful as it is to say.

If Casey can make Ebi be legit, he should be the governor of Minnesota right away.

MLB ERA
    I guess then Steak, Ebi need playing time. To tell you the truth I would not mind being Ebi to rid the pine and get paid all the money he has made. I wish it could have been me.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Ebi should have gotten playing time the minute the Wolves lost to the Nuggets at Target Center on April 8th. When Denver beated them in what was a key game of the season, that was it. Ebi should have been playing the next night at Atlanta. Ebi got playing time last year when the Timberwolves were blowing everyone out (Last year might be as good as it gets for Wolves fans for a long time). This year, he did not get any minutes and Flip apparently was tired of him. I thought the Timberwolves failed big time in working in Ebi's game.

I betcha the Spurs will sign Ebi and then Ebi will be a very good role player for them. You just watch.

Knowing Ebi, he wants to play in the worst way. From talking to him and observing him at New Jersey in March, he seemed miserable and depressed about his lack of playing time. I asked him about why he does not play much and he told me that Flip had no use for him. He even thanked me for beliving in him when nobody does. Yeah he is happy about being paid, but he wants to play and do well. His frustration at the Pulley game just shows you what a compeititor he is and how much he wants to do well.

AA ERA
    Patrick Reusse wrote a great piece on McCants. He cites Cedric Maxwell, former Celtic and current Celtic radio analyst and tough to please, talking about how McCants have no game. If you ask me, McHale's reptuation is riding on this pick. McCants better be good and he better have some stability. The fact he is compared to Isiah Rider is very scary. Reusse also cited McCants's controversies.

Even Sid Hartman has doubts and you rarely ever see him rip McHale's picks.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5483456.html

I am crossing my fingers and praying this pick works. I really am. I am not very happy about this pick, but I hope I am raving about Rashad this winter.

As for FA, I doubt we are getting anyone. If anything, look for the Timberwolves to lose Madsen and Eddie Griffin. I would love to see Mark back, but some team will likely overpay for his service. Rumor has it that when Flip takes the Pistons or Bucks job, he will take Mad Dog with him.

AA ERA
    How about McCants, Wally, and Ebi for Ron Artest? I was thinking about that when I went to Chilis tonight to eat dinner. I think it's a great move. I rather be done with McCants to begin with. I think he is a great chip for Artest. Indy would definitely want him for us to even get Artest. McCants could be a hit or miss. Why take a risk? Let's dump him for a proven player. His stock is as good as it's going to get. Artest is a winner and he is a guy that can be a core player for years to come. Artest is at a crossroads. He needs to perform and he needs to behave well right now. I think this is a golden opportunity and I feel Minnesota is a place where he can be normal. I feel being in Minnesota will change him.

Indy wants no part of Ronnie. Carlisle wants him gone. Ronnie wants McCants look sane in person so that could appeal the Pacers. Plus McCants and Granger could form a good duo in Indy while Artest and KG can be a good duo right now. Artest gives the Wolves and KG a good shot to win NOW.

I don't know if Indy wants this deal or not, but McHale should bother his friend, Larry Bird about this deal. Whatever it takes to get Ron Artest.

Ron Artest should be a guy the Timberwolves need to have.

MLB ERA
    So this is just a thought you had about a deal? Or was this wrote in a paper somewhere? I kind of like the offer you made. Would Larry Bird and that loser Mchale go for it? Wally for Artest is almost an even deal though.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    This is was something I created. This was not media reported. I was just thinking about this idea out there as I eat dinner.

I die to have Artest. I think he is a very nice guy and Minnesotans would embrace him. He fits the mold of Minnesotans IMO. Artest plays the game hard and he is very passionate about the game. Artest is a warrior. He is the type of player that can play with broken bones and still do well. This is something the Timberwolves need. Timberwolves need a guy who has grit and I feel Artest is that guy.

I think McHale would go for it. Don't know about Bird though. One thing for sure. Carlisle has had enough of Artest.

AA ERA
    Mike Tice should be fortunate that he was not suspended or fired for scalping. I did not think he should be either. I am glad the NFL was fair in this as he is fined $100,000 for being a ticket scalper. What he did was wrong though. I hope he learned his lesson and I hope this is a lesson for the rest of the coaches in the NFL or any other sport.

MLB ERA
    What everyone here is really losing site on is this....

TICE IS NOT A TICKET SCALPER!!!! He sold his free tickets to a ticket 'broker' (which the NFL allows as a 'legal' ticket scalper). Tice himself didn't scalp shit. He sold tickets to a broker and the broker is then allowed to sell those tickets at insane prices (which somehow is legal).

I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong. But calling him a scalper just ticks me off, cuz that's not what he was doing. But it's the only way to get half the point across to most of America.

*sigh*

AA ERA
    Well for better or for worse, he is going to be labeled as a ticket scalper for a long time. Besides it's a cute nickname for him.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast