Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

AA ERA
    Timberwolves hired Rex Champman as the new GM according to ESPN. Obviously, Chapman and Casey had connections during their days at Kentucky. I like the hire. Hopefully, he will grow into the job and eventually run the team's basketball operations. It's good to hire someone from a successful organization in the Phoenix Suns.

MLB ERA
    Wow, you wanna know how 'out of it' I've been lately!? I didn't even know the Wolves hired a new coach.

Jeez.

AA ERA
    That's why the Random Ramblings Thread exist for me to post on.

Yes, Dwayne Casey is the new coach of the Timberwolves. I love the hire. The one thing I love about Dwayne is that he is so prepared and he eats, sleeps, and drinks basketball. I always feel that if a coach or manager is well-prepared and pay attention to the little things, he will be successful.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news...ouncement.html
    http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news...ranscript.html

AA ERA
    Timberwolves better get Garcia or Warrick in this draft pick. If not, I won't be happy.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They get Rashad McCants.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Timberwolves better get Garcia or Warrick in this draft pick. If not, I won't be happy.
    Warrick went 19th and Garcia went 23rd.

they needed a guard more than they needed another forward (in Warrick or in Garcia). I'm not saying that McCants is the right guy, but I'm not upset by this pick at all. Playing on national champs team and playing for 3 full years in college will hopefully have made him ready for the NBA. He's a good 3pt shooter which we definitely need.

AA ERA
    McHale strikes out as usual. I hate this pick. Just exactly how in the world did we bypass Granger, Graham, Wright, Garcia, and Warrick for this guy is beyond me. McCants better produce and contribute quickly this year. I really shudder if Granger, Graham, Wright, and Warrick do so well or end up being better than McCants.

I wanted a guy who can flat out run and play defense. I am not sure if McCants is that guy. We will see. I hope I am wrong. From what I hear, McCants is a problem child.

I hope it works out. I really do, but the thing is most scouts, writers, and draft experts did not think much of McCants. Jay Bilas and Stephen A. Smith thought it was a horrible pick. Every expert and website are laughing at our pick for God's sake.

McCants will be servicable, but what this organization needs is a player to build around. KG is not getting any younger. He has taken so much beating in recent years and he is in his 30s. Just how many more years does KG have? If anything, we need to start building around a player and I feel Graham, Warrick, Granger, and Wright are going to be franchise players.

I don't like this pick, but I hope McCants prove me wrong. I definitely want to see McCants in the Summer League.

I am going to email some beat writers that I know and see what they can give me on McCants. Maybe I might change my mind in a few days. It's just that when you think of UNC of this season, you think of May, Felton, and Williams. McCants was solid, but he wasn't the big reason why UNC won.

Steve Aschburner of the Strib had this writeup on McCants. Sounds like this guy is Isiah Rider lite from reading this piece:
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5481091.html

I just hope Rex Chapman can be the president of basketball operations in two years because he is probably the only hope for this franchise. Heck he should be president of basketball operations this year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    McCants is dyanmic offensively but we have a guy like that....its cally Wally World....

UGH
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    McCants, shold work out fine. Steak I see you hate the pick. We needed a guard! Spree is getting old and may be gone he wants alot of money. McCants played for a real good coach andd is a winner. The national championship is something to be proud of. I think he needs to inprove on the defense side of the game, the offense will be there. There must have been a huge reason why the wolves like him that much. Sone draft boards had him in the top 10. So we can only wait and see. What about the second rounder we drafted? Any info on him?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bracey Wright is a tweener that played for a medicore Indiana team.

http://www.nba.com/draft2005/profiles/BraceyWright.html

Strengths: Smooth outside shooter who also has the ability to create off the dribble and finish at the rim. Long arms and quickness make him a tough defender.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Who cares about Bracey Wright? He ain't making the team. If he did, it would be a miracle.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bracey Wright could actually make the team with Hoiberg is out for the season potentially.

MLB ERA
    I'm not sure why you don't like McCants (other than his lack of defense).

#1) The wolves needed a guard
    #2) The wolves needed a guard who can score
    #3) The wolves needed a guard who isnt' afraid to take that last shot
    #4) The wolves needed a guard who can create offense
    #5) The wolves needed a guard who can replace spree
    #6) The wolves needed a guard who can play good/great defense.

On that list, we hit 5 of 6. McCants defense is far from award winning. That's too bad. But we really really need a guy who can score from just about anywhere and McCants has proven that he can. I was listening to Bob Sansevere this morning on the radio and he said McCants should be a good fit. I also heard Randy Shaver on the radio this morning (Kare11 (NBC)) sports anchor and he said that McCants is probably the best offensive player in the draft.

That being said .... how can this be a bad thing!?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hakim Warrick would have been a better player, hell you could have taken Jarret Jack and gotten 6 of the 6.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    I'm not sure why you don't like McCants (other than his lack of defense).

#1) The wolves needed a guard
    #2) The wolves needed a guard who can score
    #3) The wolves needed a guard who isnt' afraid to take that last shot
    #4) The wolves needed a guard who can create offense
    #5) The wolves needed a guard who can replace spree
    #6) The wolves needed a guard who can play good/great defense.

On that list, we hit 5 of 6. McCants defense is far from award winning. That's too bad. But we really really need a guy who can score from just about anywhere and McCants has proven that he can. I was listening to Bob Sansevere this morning on the radio and he said McCants should be a good fit. I also heard Randy Shaver on the radio this morning (Kare11 (NBC)) sports anchor and he said that McCants is probably the best offensive player in the draft.

That being said .... how can this be a bad thing!?
    I don't see how his offense projects to the NBA. A 6'3 shooting guard, whose main offensive weakness is not being able to take people off the dribble usually don't fare too well in the NBA. He could over power guys in college off the dribble, that isn't going to happen in the pros, and he doesn't have the speed to blow by anybody. His attitude sucks. He will complain about playing time if he doesn't think he is getting enough of it. And his defense is such a joke, it is non-exsistant. At best he is Fred Jones. I think he'll be another UNC NBA-failure in the mold of Joe Forte.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast