Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

AA ERA
    patriot is streaky. He will come a lot for one month, but then he disappears for two months. You never know when he is coming. I constantly tell Lynch to tell him to come here because patriot is the straw that stirs the drink, but patriot is a very busy man. He has lot of kids, wives, and hamsters to feed.

It's one thing to hate Perez and Dreifort. They stunk period. At least, TM knows how to get the job done at times. I wrote a thread on TM today and praise his work today.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Was Bias really that damn good as a college player? All-around player, including defense and free throws? I've gathered that he wasn't the best at going to the basket, but he had the best 15 foot jump shot and can dunk with force.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    wives?

AA ERA
    I had no clue about Len Bias. I was very little at the time and I never heard much about him. I read about great things about him when he was in Maryland. It's too bad that Len ruined his life that way.

AA ERA
    I am really happy that there won't be a NBA lockout. The league does not need it and the players clearly do not need it. Good to see a new CBA work out for the next four years. I don't know what my winter would be without the Timberwolves and the NBA. The fact that I would watch college hoops all winter long would be bad. Not a big college hoops fan till March and when I watch college hoops, I watch my alma mater (Fairleigh Dickinson University) play along with the Gophers. I want to watch my Timberwolves and I need to get through the winter with some NBA action. Another reason why I am glad that there is no NBA lockout is because ushers and people that work in NBA arenas don't have to lose their jobs or get laid off.

Here's hoping the NHLPA can wake up and get something done in light of what the NBA and the NBAPA has done today. There was no reason for the hockey players to reject any offers by the NHL. It's time for the hockey players to get their heads up their butt and start accepting the deal by the league.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Was Bias really that damn good as a college player? All-around player, including defense and free throws? I've gathered that he wasn't the best at going to the basket, but he had the best 15 foot jump shot and can dunk with force.
    Len Bias ****ing rocked as an all around player from what I remember. I was in high school at the time and was a huge Celtics fan. When Boston picked him, I was extatic. Next thing ya know, the guy was taking a dirt nap.

When Bias was at MD, he was the bomb.... easily one of the best players coming out that year. Daugherty was also fantabulous in college that year. I really would have loved to have seen what Bias could have done for the Celts in the late 80's after a couple years under Bird, McHale, Parish, KC Jones, et all.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Yeah looks what happens you get drafted going to make the big $'s and you o.d. I would take a bet if you polled all major league sport team above 80% of the current players would be on some for of illegal drugs.

To me if I was an owner or player rep I would tell all new and current players if your on some form of drug Illegal you will not get signed or will be fined and or removed for the team. I can see pain pills for players who are in sever pain. But all the talent that has been lost to drugs it is no way to die. To g et the rush and then it is all over.

Oh to Bias he was supposed to be a very good basketball player. My guess he would have made above 12 million per season. I think maybe a Tim Duncan Clone all the skills in the world just at time would need the wake up call to pick up his game.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the insight, Lynch and mntwinsfan.

TM is a well-respected veteran of the game. IIRC, a Dodger pitcher passed a start out of respect to allow TM to pitch the final game against the Giants in 2001.
    Steak, I was just off by a little in that statement. A Dodger pitcher did not pass a start for TM to start that game. TM passed the start out of respect for Dennis Springer. TM thought Springer deserved to start in the final game. But TM did pitch the final inning for the Dodgers.

AA ERA
    The one thing that really galls at me about the Spurs winning tonight is that ex-Timberwolf Rasho Nesterovic getting a ring for doing nothing. I don't think anyone should get a ring for not being a part of the team. Nesterovic did not even get playing time in the playoffs yet he gets a ring. That's sick. That's the unfair part of sports. Guys who had a zero role gets a ring.

Rasho has 1 ring while KG has zero. Talk about injustice.

AA ERA
    Boy Ebi is bad. I heard he played in a game with bunch of high schoolers and he had only 6 points with 6 fouls.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Darko: 1 ring
    LeBron: 0
    Carmelo: 0
    Wade: 0

Darko has already achieved what no 18 year old nor many hall-of-famers have done. Print that ticket for Darko for the Hall of Fame!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Marian Gaborik can flat out score.

AA ERA
    Marian is so fun to watch. He was the Wild's first ever draft pick in 2000 and he made the club in 2000. He never played in the minors which is remarkable. He has been able to understand the game very quickly hence why he is one of the best players in the league. He is also so mature beyond his age. Very coachable and have respect for the game. For him to play this well at the age of 18 in 2000. It shows you the type of character and person Marian is.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Didn't know Marian didn't play in the minors. There are so many top flight young goal scorers in the NHL.

I've just noticed that Lew Ford looks really like Greg Maddux in appearance.

AA ERA
    Marian made the team in training camp of 2000. Wild head coach Jacques Lemaire was impressed with him from the start. Brent Burns, the Wild 2003 draft pick, also made the team in his first try. He had a solid year. He is another guy the Wild will build around. The Wild got so many young players from the age of 18-23. I think it's a great situation for head coach Jacques Lemaire because he loves working with the kids more than working with the veterans. Veterans tend to go their own way while the young guys will be receptive to coaching if they want to have a prolong NHL career. Jacques is a great teacher. Doug Reisborough, the Wild GM, hit a HR convincing Jacques to coach an expansion team and Jacques has done a darn good job as his record with the team speaks for itself. Anyone who can get an third-year team to the Western Confernece Finals must be doing something right. I doubt any other coach would have done what Jacques did with the Wild and that includes Scotty Bowman. I really hope he is around when the Wild win the Stanley Cup. Even when he is done coaching, I want him to be with the organization in some capacity.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast