Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

AA ERA
    I have heard lot of great stuff on Casey since 99. I am glad he is getting an opportunity and I am glad it's the Timberwolves that will give him the opportunity. It's really good to give up-and-coming coach a chance to coach this team. I wasn't crazy with the list of retreads out there besides Silas. I am glad McHale seemed sold on him.

I am going to give David Locke, who does the Sonics pregame show on their flagship station on KJR, an email and get the goods on Casey. I like what you just mention about how Casey diagram plays and all, Porter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Locke could probably give you a 5 page email on Casey. He was Kemp and Paytons fav when they were here.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    I am going to find out and then I will post it here and at MNSportsCentral.com.

I really want to be educated about Casey.

I am glad I am getting a little 411 of Casey from you, Porter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Im pretty excited when i saw it on ticker when watching a good Angels-Nats Game.

Casey has been in the spotlight for a job a couple of years ago and stayed in Seattle. Its well deserved for him. We will be happy that hes here, KG will like the energy he brings to the table.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    http://www.nba.com/coachfile/dwane_c....html?nav=page

Dwane Casey
    College - Kentucky '79
    Dwane Casey is in his tenth season with the Sonics coaching staff and in his second as associate head coach. Dwane was promoted to associate head coach in November of 2000 when Nate McMillan was named head coach.

Casey first came to Seattle for the 1994-95 season after spending five years as a head coach in Japan. During his time overseas, he coached Japan’s National Team with basketball legend Pete Newell. In the summer of 1998, Casey coached the team to its first World Championship appearance in 31 years.

Prior to coaching in Japan, Dwane was an assistant under head coach Eddie Sutton at the University of Kentucky from 1985-90. He also served as an assistant under Clem Haskins at Western Kentucky University from 1980-85.

Casey began his coaching career at Kentucky in 1979 as a graduate assistant. While at UK, he recruited and coached eventual NBA players Winston Bennett, Sam Bowie, Rex Chapman, LeRon Ellis, Shawn Kemp, Chris Mills, Dirk Minnifield, Irving Thomas and Melvin Turpin.

Heavily recruited out of high school, Dwane’s decision to play at Kentucky for Coach Joe B. Hall helped the Wildcats register a 30-2 record his junior season and capture the 1978 NCAA Championship. A four-year letterman, Casey was named team captain his senior year and won UK’s all-academic award.

Born April 17, 1957, in Morganfield, Ky., Dwane earned a degree in business administration from Kentucky in 1979. Off the court, Casey’s leisure pursuits include reading, playing racquetball and listening to music.
    Thats what i got on him background wise.

AA ERA
    Red McCombs just does not get it, does he. He finds his way in the headlines. You would think he would just go away now that he got his money and the sale is approved, but he is continuing to carry on with his stupid comments about how he should be credited for the team's success this coming season if they win it all. What a piece of crap he is. Red did not want to pay any signing bonuses to Smoot and Pat Williams. He wanted the new owners to pay that. That just goes to show what that Texan is all about.

I just get angry just talking about him. The way he lied to the fans. The way he manipulated the coaches, the players, and the employees. You just can't trust him. Reusse said it best about how you can't even trust him if he tells you what time it is. That's just Red.

If there was a justice, he would not get one penny of that sale. It's a shame he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Red should just go away. No one wants to hear from him not even the media in the Twin Cities. Of course, that guy can't help himself. Red has to be Red by saying stupid comments and being so self-centered. I am sure this is not the last time that he will stop talking.

Oh and the thing about him rooting for the Vikings is pure crap. He can care less. Sure he will notice if they do well so he can go flap his gums about what a great job he did as an owner in spending money.

He is a piece of work.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    My Pads going up against Steak's Twins......hmmmmm....I wonder who I pick to win???????
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You will pick the Angels.

AA ERA
    Man patriot has really gotten me obessed with Mullholland. Now I chant his name at work, at the mall, at my block, and when I take shower.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Looney tunes......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    I can't help it. patriot has just gotten me obessed with him to the point that I think about TM everyday. patriot's unfair criticism of TM has made me be more obessed with him.

AA ERA
    Man what's with with the TM hate. It seems everyone I know always bags on my boy, Mullholland. I am tired of this crap. I emailed Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, who covers baseball for the paper. I asked him about can TM pitch till he is 60 years old. I got this response and I did not think it was funny either.

http://www.beloblog.com/sportssay/

Heck this blog today is all about my boy, TM. I am really obessed with him to the point that I think about him everyday. Thanks a lot, patriot.

Scroll for "Wierd question for the Day"

I don't think my question about Mullholland pitching till he is 60 yeard old was wierd.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As if anyone cared about Evan's dating life.

Evan probably thought it was a Jesse Orosco type joke.

I must confess I can't get Roy and Mike Williams (of the Lions) out of my mind.

AA ERA
    realmofo: My obession with TM started with patriot ripping him out of the blue last year. I am trying everything I can to make patriot like him hence why I became intrigued with TM. Also I love TM's personality and the way he approached baseball.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Do you still chat with patriot? It's too hard to persuade someone else to develop a liking for a player he hates. Try convincing me why Carlos Perez and Darren Dreifort should be worth giving props to, besides Dreifort probably being a professional guy. Carlos got a DUI and got into a scuffle with a stewardess, IIRC, so his character blows. At least Kevin Brown could bring it onto the field when he's healthy.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast