Thread: Milwaukee follow-up

Rookie ERA

Twins Milwaukee follow-up

Hi guys!
    I'm back from Milwaukee and it was a very successful trip! Great games I was able to see - starting with Liriano, then Baker and finishing with Boof. Poor Boof had his outing spoiled by Crain but for some reason I knew that was going to happen!

Friday's game with Liriano you would have thought it was at the Metrodome because there were so many Twins fans! It was great. Liriano pitched a great game and how about that Batista! I love his approach to the game - he looks so disinterested but when he gets into a ball watch out cuz it's gone. He just cracks me up with his antics - but they work!

Saturday the Twins crowd was even larger as it was a sellout at Miller Park. And what a nice place Miller Park is-altho they kept the roof closed the entire time. Friday was chilly, Saturday it rained during the game but Sunday was a beautiful day and I'm not sure why it wasn't open. Baker pitched very well. I really think he is going to be one of our best pitchers - he's so confident when he takes the mound at least he appears to be. A little more experience and he'll be right where we need him to be. The story of the game was how bad the pitching was for the Brewers. You almost had to feel badly for their starter - he couldn't get anyone out but that was just fine for us Twins fans! But the hit parade was on and it was fun to watch.

Sunday was all about Boof. Even Bob Uecker got into the Boof mania on his pre-game radio show. All the Brewers fans were really nice and treated us well during our three game stay - my hat's off to them! But with Boof going out and Crain coming in I was weary of that - which Jesse proved me right. Oh well it wasn't a sweep, should have been a sweep but I'll take a series win anytime!

Great fun was had by all and the Twins win a series!!! Can't get much better than that.

Go Twins!

MLB ERA
    While I can't say much good about Packer fans for the most part, I can and will say that I've never had a problem with Brewers fans and have partied hard on plenty of occassions when I was younger at County Stadium with fans of the Brew crew.

Sounds like you had a good time as well as having had a great/fun series to watch.