Thread: Could the Twins finally have a new stadium for good?

AA ERA

Could the Twins finally have a new stadium for good?

The Star-Tribune and the St. Paul Pioneer Press mentioned in the front page of the paper about how the Twins and Hennepin County has come into an agreement to build a stadium adjacent to the Target Center. Carl Pholad will apparently be forking the bill to build that stadium.

I really hope this is true. I really don't want to be fooled again. I am tired of it. I really am. I hope this is it. I hope this is not a trick like you saw with that booster T. Denny Stanford who allegedly was going to build a new football stadium for the Gophers, but then changed his mind or when I keep hearing how there would be a new Newark arena for the New Jersey Nets in 2001 which turn out to be false.

Either make it official and get it done or don't bother reporting.

I want to be happy about this, but I will hold off on that till construction for that stadium is made.

I am crossing my fingers that it's a done deal.

MLB ERA
    I have a VERY hard time believing Carla Pohlad will open up the purse and dish out 10 cents for a stadium.

Right across from the Target Center!? Where the FUK are they going to do that!? There's no room down there to build a baseball stadium. *sigh*. Who came up with this bright idea!?

AA ERA
    Check out Twinsbaseball.com right now.

There is an announcement about the stadium at 2 central time tommorow. Carl will have an announcement tommorow and he encouraged people to come. Maybe you can stop by and say Hello to Carl, Lynch.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASAp...x.jsp?c_id=min

Rookie ERA
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this stadium deal. From what I've read in the Star Tribune, CP is putting forth $125 million of his own money with $40 million up front and the other $85 to follow. The total value of the stadium is like $478 million with financing through state-wide tax increase(?)....something like that. But the stadium is open air with no roof. For a roof it would be another $100million!

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5366920.html

I hope it happens but we've had our hopes dashed before.

AA ERA
    We really need a roof, but you know what, who cares about that.

I just want this done. In my opinion if this proposal fail, this is it. There is no way the organization will ever discuss the new stadium ever again. Carl Pholad is actually going to foot the bill. What else does the state want? This can not afford to go down. You can only give that many proposals and be rejected so many times. Sooner or later, the state needs to step up. Carl is being very generous at what he is doing.

Twins need to stay in Minnesota and Minnesota deserves this new stadium. This franchise has done so many good things in MN over the years. It's time to reward them.