Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4/21/05: Royals/Twins

AA ERA
    The only good thing about this game is the Twins tying this game in the ninth and then winning it in the tenth. Other than that, it was a very long game and it was a poorly played game by both teams. Not something to be proud off other than to say that the Twins won. This is a game that they had to win with She-ca-go winning their game this afternoon in Detroit. She-ca-go has really played well in this young season so the Twins gotta keep it up especially with the Indians right behind the Twins. Plus you don't want to lose to a very bad team like the Royals.

The Royals are hideously bad, folks. I had no idea how in the world they were a good team couple of years ago. That team could not field or pitch out there. Royals gave the Twins extra outs thanks to poor defense in the infield and stupid throws. Royals made some hideous pitches especially in the ninth. Mike MacDougal, who is closing for the injured Jermey Affledt, was horrible. He was throwing balls and his pitches were way off. He threw couple of walks. Twins were able to get that big hit to tie this game. It got even worse in the tenth inning for the Royals as that guy, Camp was walking everyone and giving up hits. Twins made the Royals look bad by capitalizing their mistakes. This is something not to be proud off if you are a Royals fan. That team simply looks lost.

I am just glad the Twins got a big hit with the bases loaded here. It was like GroundHog Day all week with guys leaving the runners loaded on base. I really hope this gives our hitters some confidence as the season progresses.

I thought Torii, Jacques, Lew, Jason, The Teamster (Lecroy), and Shannon had a good game. Our hitters really did a good job today.

Dave Gassner did not had a great outing and he was pulled early. He just did not get it done. That was dissapointing. Royals were just hitting him out there. Fortunately, Matt Guerrier did a great job to give the Twins a shot to tie the game and give them the lead. What a job Matt has done BTW. Matt ran out of gas in the sixth.

J.C. did okay. I thought Jesse Crain did a good job. Here's hoping this outing for Jesse will get him going here.

Juan was solid.

The Nathanator was so huge as DK said. This guy made quick work for the Royals. Like I said, I think he could be better than last year. Scary, isn't it.

The good guys got it done. It was ugly, but a win is a win.

All we can do is hope that the Twins can do better. It makes the rest of the evening a great night and they can have a great flight to Detroit.

Good job winning today.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondGirl
    I haven't had a chance to read everything but I'm working on it. I've got to play catch-up here!

Thanks again for giving me the heads up on where you guys were (on this forum), I was feeling lost!!!.
    On behalf of everyone and Lynch here, I am glad you are here. I enjoy having you here and I appreciate the word of wisdom that you bring here.

Thanks for coming.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    On behalf of everyone and Lynch here, I am glad you are here. I enjoy having you here and I appreciate the word of wisdom that you bring here.

Thanks for coming.
    Thanks! That's very nice of you to say and I enjoy reading everyone's take on the games, players, coaches, etc.

I've been a Twins fan a long time - our local sportscaster (who is a very good friend of mine) actually said my name on air last night before showing the Twins highlights!!! Luckily we have TIVO so I could back it up for my husband. It was very funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12