Thread: Twins Sweep The White Sox!!!

MLB ERA

Twins Twins Sweep The White Sox!!!

Three game series starts tonight in Chicago vs the defending WS champs.

Pitching matchups for this series:

• Mon, Jul 24 8:05 pm : B. Radke vs. J. Vázquez
    • Tue, Jul 25 8:05 pm : J. Santana vs. J. Contreras
    • Wed, Jul 26 2:05 pm : C. Silva vs. M. Buehrle

For the Twins, this is a very important series. The Twins have been the hottest team in baseball for the past 5 weeks running. This is a chance to close the gap in the wild card race. Currently, the Twins are 3.0 games behind the Sox in the WC race (and 9.5 behind the Tigers).

Go Twins

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Radke MUST be ready tonight. IF he is we can win 2-3! Silva is the only one that worries me. Anything can happen both teams know how big of a series this is! We win the Series we are back in it. Should be an interesting series!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    If we could win all three, that would absolutely rock and we'd be even/steven at by Wednesday night (in the WC race that is), however, I don't think we can win more than 2, which only gains us one game. Still, it's extremely important to take the series (at bare minimum). A solid outting by Radke is key to winning the series.

MLB ERA
    Radke up to his usual performance is pitching well, as long as you don't count the two home runs he gave up in the first 5 innings.

Thankfully the Twins answered with 2 homers in the top of the 6th. One by Morneau (26th) and one by Cuddyer (13th). Score in the middle of the 6th is Twins 3, Sox 2

Here's a pic of Cuddy coming into homeplate after his 2 run shot:

MLB ERA
    Nice, in the top of the 7th, Mauer hits his 8th dinger of the season. 2 on and 2 outs to boot, so the Twins now lead 6-2

MLB ERA
    Twins take the first game 7-4. Six total home runs in this game (3 by each team). Radke picks up win #9 on the season. Mauer knocks in 4 RBIs including a 3 run shot. Too bad he couldn't get a basehit in the 8th when the bases were loaded with 1 out. He did pick up the sac fly and someone scored though, so it helped ensure the lead and the win.

1 down, 2 to go.

MLB ERA
    Game 2:

THis is a game I wish I could watch, as it looked to be a hell of a pitching matchup: J. Santana vs. J. Contreras

Bottom of the 5th right now and the score is tied 1-1. Both pitchers giving up a solo longball. WTF is it with that this series!? That's 8 Homeruns in 1.5 games.

Anyway, in 4.1 innings so far, Santana has thrown 6 K's and Contreras has thrown 4. Good pitching duel

MLB ERA
    Another big night with the big bats, 4 HRs combined again last night (2 for each team).

Twins win 4-3, Santana picks up his 12th win (12-5 on the year) and Nathan picks up save #20. HRs by Kubel and Bartlett.

MLB ERA
    Game 3 is under way (middle of the 8th inning) and the good guys are leading 7-4 More home runs as well, Cuddy hit #14 on the year (2 runs score) and Morneau hit #27 on the year (2 runs scored)

1.5 Innings to go!

MLB ERA
    Twins win the game 7-4 and SWEEP THE SOX! :booya:

Silva somehow picks up the win for his 5 innings pitched and Nathan picks up his 21st save of the season.

I hate to admit it, but I might get back on the Twins bandwagon again.

MLB ERA
    BTW: With the sweep, that ties us with the Sox for the lead in the AL Wild Card race. The Twins picked up 9 games in the WC race this month.